Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / editing fpe scripts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
how can i edit the fpe scripts .. i would like to make a sign to hang on the walls
Davy B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 19:19
Hi welcome to the Forum.

http://www.fpsconline.com/

Hope it helps

The one and only Davy B
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 22:25 Edited at: 14th Dec 2006 22:28
right mate now youve lost me ok go read the manual, you dont need to edit anything if you mean placing a ready made sign just well put it on the wall... pgup and pgdwn more vertically ands if you mean make a sign jus copy an existing sign folder and replace all the media in it give it new names whatever then open the fpe in notepad and change the figures

Thanks
Adam
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 19:32
Advertisement... just GREAT, forget actually HELPING just advertise something an make money.

Just open up a standard sign.fpe with notepad and change the model and texture locations. It is THAT simple

If you fear speaking for yourself, make use the words of others while discovering your own voice.
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 23:55
If you use Synergy IDE then you can use the virtual compile function which checks your script for any errors.

Link in sig.

Get the new DarkBasic Professional IDE for only $19.99/~£9.85
Http://synergyide.thegamecreators.com
Http://www.digitalzenith.net
Mickm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 04:01
Quote: "i would like to make a sign to hang on the walls"

Check out the guide compiled by "Nickydude"
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=93081&b=21

Quote From the PDF
Quote: "Make your own FPS Creator Signs
By Devild0g
Welcome to my second tutorial. By the time you’re done reading this, you’re going to be able to take any pic off your PC or internet and turn it into a sign. Whether you want to be perverted or serious, this works. Now in this tutorial unlike the last one I did, I'm not going to say "start" blah blah. Because if you don't know how to open up fps creator, you shouldn't be trying any tutorial's. -What you need for this tutorial 1) FPS CREATOR 2) Some kind of PaintShop Program ex: PaintShop Pro, Adobe. 3) A .DDS converter. Which can be found for free by going to this link here: http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/DDS_Converter;29412. 4) Please make sure you install it. 5) Most of all keep an open mind. There may be 100 ways of doing this. Maybe there is a two step process to doing it. But I'm going to show you the way I did it.
STEP 1: First we go to www.google.com. Type in the search "eagle globe anchor" but without the quotes. A page pops up saying "US MARINE CORP EMBLEM". Go to that page. You see the Marine Corp Symbol? We’re going to copy that. If you can do a screen capture. Otherwise, I will include the download of the Eagle Globe and Anchor in this thread. Ok make sure your saving everything on desktop, which makes it easier to mess with everything, and find things we need. STEP 2: Now, just like making your own entities, we have to use some of the files that are already installed with FPSC. So what we’re going to do is go to "start", "my computer" "c:" , "program files", "The Game Creators", "FPS CREATOR", "Files" , "entity bank", "ww2", "wall furniture". See all that crazy stuff? We’re going to steal three items from here. And I'm going to tell you which ones. STEP 3: Ok look for the file's that say, "sign_f" there should be three of them! What we're going to do is COPY COPY COPY!!! Not CUT!! Cutting files can result in missing files. So we will play it safe. Copy all three files that say "sign_f", to the desktop. Which if you’re not sure is the place your computer comes to when you first turn it on. (duh) Ok, now we have to find out where all the "sign_f" files are pointing too. But I know where, so I'll tell you. If you would like to know exactly where, all you have to do it open the .fpe files. It says exactly. STEP 4: So I opened up the "sign_f" .fpe, and it told me where its model was located. So I go to "start", "My Computer", "C:", "Program Files", "The Game Creators", "FPS Creator" , "Files" , "meshbank", "WW2", "scenery", "signs". Now in this folder create a new folder called "eg_a". Of course without the parenthesis. Do this by right clicking in the "signs" folder, select "new" then "folder". Name it "eg_a". Now open your new "eg_a" folder. Yeah it’s empty. What goes here is the .x file. Go to your desktop, find our "sign_f" .x file. COPY it, and put it in our new "eg_a" folder. Right click this file, and select "rename" name it to "eg_a". Were done with this folder. STEP 5: Now we need to go to the "texture bank". And put some things in there. So once again we go "start" , "my computer" , "C:", "Program files", "The Game Creators" , "FPS Creator" , "files", "texture bank", "WW2", "scenery" , "signs". Now in here were going to create another folder, and call it, you guessed it, "eg_a". If you’re unsure how to do this. Please see above. What’s going to go in here? Your .dds file! So what we need to do is open up your program I told you to get which converts .jpg's or .bmp's to .dds. Called "DDS Converter 2". Open it up, and then browse to your eagle globe and anchor file on the desktop. This program works quickly, and closes automatically. Your new file "eg_a" is now on the desktop. Now go back to the folder you created in
FPS Creator Hint’s ‘n’ Tips Guide Page 38
the "texture bank" portion titles eg_a, open it up, and then place your new .dds file in there. That’s it now close that folder. STEP 6: Now what we need to do is take all three files we still have on our desktop and put them so that FPS Creator will read them. Then a little .fpe tweaking and we're all set. Easy enough right? Now go to "start", "my computer", "C:", "Program Files" , "The Game Creators", "FPS Creator", "files", "entity bank", "WW2", "wall furniture". Now in here is where we seen all those crazy files at. If you remember it’s also where we stole our files for making our new sign. We’re going to go to our desktop now, and tweak a few things here. Mmm k ? If you did not save our original picture "the eagle globe and anchor, then re download it using this forum "download" link". If you still have that file we need to change it to a ".bmp" So get out your favourite Paint Program and do so. Save this to the desktop, and make sure its name is "eg_a". STEP 7: Now remember the ".fpe" file we took from the "sign_f" that should be on your desktop. What we’re going to do is rename it now to "eg_a". We will mess with this later. Now the ".bin" file you took from the "sign_f" we're not going to touch. All were going to do to it is rename it to "eg_a". Now we have our three files that need to go into the folder you should still have open. Which is mentioned in step 6. Now copy all three of them files, that have "eg_a", this time we will CUT them because there our files, and we don’t need them all over the place. Now paste the three files in the "wall furniture" folder you should still have open. STEP 8: Final Step: With our "wall furniture" folder open, click on the "eg_a.fpe" file. We need to tell this file where our images and .x file are located. IF you followed these steps all you have to do it type this where I tell you to. And everything will be peachy. Looking at our "eg_a.fpe" we see something that says "desc =" , erase the "sign_f", and put eg_a, so it will look like this. "desc = eg_a". Now go down to where it says ;orientation model = meshbank\ww2\scenery\signs\eg_a\eg_a.x This points to our .x file that we put in earlier. Remember? Good. Now scroll down to where it says ;visualinfo textured = texturebank\ww2\scenery\signs\eg_a\eg_a.dds This points to the actual image file for our new Marine Corp Symbol. Now make sure you SAVE the "eg_a.fpe", before closing it. Or you'll be repeating this step over again. Now you’re safe to close all folders this tutorial had you open. Let's start FPS CREATOR, and find our symbol! Put a prefab room, any will do in the fps creator. Then go to "entities", "ww2" , "wall furniture", and there is our "eg_a". Eagle Globe & Anchor, United States Marine Corp emblem. Hope you all enjoy this tutorial."

http://www.gamestack.org
http://onlinenotes.gamestack.org
http://onlinebookmarks.gamestack.org
Swhale aka The FPS Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 04:12 Edited at: 19th Dec 2006 04:12
Yes, I would extremely and strongly advise FPSC Online. The programs hosted there are amazing, and extremely easy to use!

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 11:10 Edited at: 19th Dec 2006 11:11
Quote: "Yes, I would extremely and strongly advise FPSC Online. The programs hosted there are amazing, and extremely easy to use!"

Thats Terry's Signs IV program and yes it will do exactly what your asking about taking a photo turn it into a picture with or without frames and make it FPSC ready to be hung on any wall...

----------Edit--------------
But just a piece of info your fpe and fps file extensions in your FPSC can be edited with your notepad that comes with windows...

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 23:29:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 23:29:46