Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / RC6 wish list

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 03:34
OK guys This thread is a wish list. Post what you would like to see in the next update of FPSC. I'll start it off with my requests.

1) Add A new trigger zone that allows the creator to call on mulitple objects under one trigger zone.

2) Add feature to randomly spawn based off of trigger zone area.

3) Add feature for building up to 8 maps under one Multiplayer build.

4) Enable dynamic objsects in Multiplayer games.

5) Add feature for creator to pick characters for multiplayer without setting them in the editor.

6) Allow for serperate spawn locations to be selected, much like a triggerzone. the current way has you spawn where character is placed in the editor.

7) Add support for new model packs to be used at start of game in mulitplayer, if this is capable please let me know how as all of the characters that I have characters that I have selected start with WWII weapons as opposed to the p9 or mp5 weapons I equiped them with.

8) Add capture the flag and team work to MP.

Lee, I know these have been asked to be added for a very long time, and you are probably tired of hearing about them. I think that these will take FPSC to that next level. IF it would not be to much to ask though i think it is a huge request.

The ability to run MP from a mysql server constantly. Won where people people load the exe from their computers and the server does all of the work as far as media loading and and storing of information.

Regards,
RF

bfx arena 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
1)make spawn points that you can pick from a map

2)(addition to #1)~ make spawn points capturable like in bf games but here in MP

3)add modern charecters(not sci-fi),so i dont have to switch my charecters wepons so much. so there would be ppl holding modern guns

4)maybe support at least 16 ppl in multiplayer
Slayer Simon
Years of Service
User Offline
Most of my requests are with scripting as that is what I'm into right now

1. Add a condition for which gun you have selected, something like PLRUSINGGUN=tavor

2. Allow the user to specify how the player switches to a different weapon, whether by pressing a certain key or whether it's done with a script.

3. Add a command to switch the player's gun such as SWITCHGUNTO=tavor.

4. command to run a certain weapon animation on the gun selected.

5. Particle system? hope hope hope...
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 04:49
1) Just name 'em all the same thing, unless your talking about spawning them at diffrent times

4) First off, go to File->Preferences, switch to singleplayer, put whatever you want to be dynamic set to dynamic, change the script to whatever, then go back and switch to multiplayer. Keep in mind - script status is not sent between users, so something like Bond's camera would be intact (and even run the destroy script, without destroying) because it doesn't have gameplay impact, but something like a mine or so may be more of a problem (more noticable that there is a problem). As for physical objects, you want those, you're asking for lag!

Other than that, I'd love all the features you've listed. I still think an easy-to-implant RATE OF FIRE for weapons would be simple enough and have a HUGE impact on gameplay!

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 05:58
I would like FPSC to delete the temporary files it creates when you run a testgame... It's easy enough to do it manually I know, but I'm lazy.

'Dawn of the Fallen Angel' coming soon(ish)...
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 06:00
Quote: "I would like FPSC to delete the temporary files it creates when you run a testgame"

Lee has already stated that he is doing that in the next release already.

RF

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 06:05
Quote: "1) Add A new trigger zone that allows the creator to call on mulitple objects under one trigger zone.

2) Add feature to randomly spawn based off of trigger zone area.

3) Add feature for building up to 8 maps under one Multiplayer build.

4) Enable dynamic objsects in Multiplayer games.

5) Add feature for creator to pick characters for multiplayer without setting them in the editor.

6) Allow for serperate spawn locations to be selected, much like a triggerzone. the current way has you spawn where character is placed in the editor.

7) Add support for new model packs to be used at start of game in mulitplayer, if this is capable please let me know how as all of the characters that I have characters that I have selected start with WWII weapons as opposed to the p9 or mp5 weapons I equiped them with.

8) Add capture the flag and team work to MP."

RF, your wishlist is my wishlist, lol

Tiggle Bitties

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 06:30
Quote: "RATE OF FIRE for weapons "
, reduced file sizes, loading times, and getting the shader system right is all I ask for.

Get my Mega Segment Pack for free, be one of the first 5 to post
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 06:45
Yup, I forgot about them shaders and loading time issues. Thanks for posting man!

Regards,
RF

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 06:57
I want to be able to assingn multiple textures to a static entity.
I also want what y'all want too.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 06:59
I must be gettin gold, Because my memory is slipping. this item would be cool as well Fred.

Regards,
RF

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 09:08 Edited at: 15th Dec 2006 09:17
1. The ability to remove items from the Library. I included something in a game which then became corrupt, the item was still in the library but the object didn’t exists anymore so every time I try to test the game an error comes up about a non-existing object and FPSC crashes.

* Hopefully this will be done in RC6*

2. Better manipulation of sound distance. Placing a steam decal in a room also puts a steam sound with it, but you can still hear it 5 rooms away! Perhaps the ability to specify a sound range, like when placing marker lights.
3. Non biped organic models. Ok, this not related to FPSC bug fixes but I’d like to see creature type model packs, like those from Doom or Half Life. Also normal animals, like cows, dogs, rabbits, birds...
4. Saving build data when saving map. If you change your game through the ‘File > Build Game’ menu (changing fog levels, ambience levels, skybox, etc) it doesn’t save that data when saving your game, this means every game you’ve made, you need to change all those setting back to how they were by hand.
5. Gravity. Especially on things like ammo. Stack two boxes one on top of the other, then put ammo on top of them, play the game and push the boxes out of the way, the ammo stays in the air.
6. Light leakage. Lighting can leak through walls and levels, light should be stopped by opaque solid objects (like walls and floors!)

Benouz
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is what i would like to see in the next update:

- speed up the game!!!!! :-| (i think we need a FAST fpsc. There is a lot of solutions like a change resolution option, details level, etc.)

Maybe i'm wrong but we know us FPS games wont be the most beautifull, or inventive 'cause we use the same tool which is limited... so -at least- these games must be fast and able to run on old configurations!!
For example my new laptop is dual-core with a GeForce and 1Gb; and i get a lot of slow downs (even with the last RC) whereas DoomIII, Quake IV and Call Of Duty are much faster with better graphics.
I know FPSC is a 50£ app but it would be fantastic to have fast fps on all computers!!!?

I also know this point is the most requested all around the forum but i really want this problem ('cause its a problem) to be solved...
Saker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 12:09
i dont know if it already in FPS creator or not
but i hope that i can but intro movie before the game menu apper also if i can but cuts before level loading
my Wish list on more organise:
1- Enable us to But Intro Movie before The game menu apper
2- Enable us to but Cuts before level loading

Thnx
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Most of my requests are with scripting as that is what I'm into right now

1. Add a condition for which gun you have selected, something like PLRUSINGGUN=tavor

2. Allow the user to specify how the player switches to a different weapon, whether by pressing a certain key or whether it's done with a script.

3. Add a command to switch the player's gun such as SWITCHGUNTO=tavor.

4. command to run a certain weapon animation on the gun selected.
"

Are you thinking the same thoughts as me?(secondary weapon attacks, silencers etc.)

Alright Lee my turn to sit on your lap and read my christmas list:
1. Scripting function to stop animations.
2. Scripting function to detect which angle of a dynamic entities' cone angle the player is spotted in.
Also I have a question, on my computer, when I run FPSC and then use other applications, like switching to itunes the mouse goes snail speed, so when I go to FPSC and go to file ->exit, but I don't click yes, i just leave the dialog open, the mouse speed returns to normal.

Any how, thanks for keeping up with the cotton candy requests and have a good christmas.

He said, "You drink when you're lonely." No I drink when I want!
He said, "You'll never be sober." Sure. Why would I want that?
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 17:38
Guess we are late for the RC6
but yea, we could ask for these in RC7!!

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 18:38
Yeah, didn't think Lee was goign to release rc6 so fast. I'm not complaining the more updates the better.

RF

bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
1 - Better Loading Times;
2 - Better Speed;
3 - In-Game Cutscene maker.

That's all I ask...

Project FPS - 71%
drew4663
Years of Service
User Offline
Everyone has made great suggestions I would like to see a little bit more advanced AI for the not so talented scripters to use.
Gam3r
Years of Service
User Offline
its been mentioned too many times before but a constant 33 framerate and faster loading times

The Beta Cell Website 3% http://tbc.redlime.org
Wanna help me make an all new FPSCreator Resource website?
Submit your media for public use here! http://fpsc.redlime.org
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 08:29
As anyone who knows me or has been here more than a month already knows, my only request is melee.

IE a melee weapon set.

isflak = 1
would become
ismelee = 1

So melee weapons could be incorporated without any bullet hole work-arounds etc.
It would be nice to have melee in the engine even though its an FPS because sometimes your ammo runs out.
Knives, clubs, and even bare hands can be used to obtain a better weapon.
I think melee would help make the games more combat realistic.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 13:10 Edited at: 16th Dec 2006 14:52
i want

1.Map changes in Arena
2.More Players In Arena
3.Dedicated server for Arena
4.Less BUGS!!!
5.better loading/creating those gosh darn lightmaps
6.and most of those cut scence things listed above
7.model packs free for me

If I Want It, I Want It

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 15:02
I think things are definately moving along at a brisk pace pace now (certainly much better than last year). Many of the problems people have had are being addressed; or have been fixed. Personally, there are a few large items that keep me from making a viable game for distribution:

- The excessive file size of the finished product.

- As mentioned before, the excessive loading times (lightmapper).

- Frame-rate issues; there are workarounds, and tweaking to do. But it would be much better to reach some of the standards of many of todays games (over 100fps), and would allow more time to be spent in creating levels, without worrying about the final product slowing down to a halt on all but the highest spec computer.

Those are really the Big 3 for me. There are other issues, but they are more of a problem to be dealt with by the individual developer; and the bugs that are popping up seem to be on a priority list now.

As I've said before, I'm no programmer; but FPSCreator (in it's evolving state) is still one of the best solutions to someone like me (as a one-man team) to create a finished product....even if I actually have to learn a bit of scripting.

I'm looking forward to what FPSC X10 can do, over and above the obvious graphics enhancements. I'd like to see the WIP boards when that baby's released.

-Keith

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 15:46
Don't forget some improvement in lightmapping.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 15:49
It appears that DarkLights will be integrated in the next release for free! So that may knock my list of 3 down to 2!

Kerithion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 17:01
A bounding box system. Specifically for enabling head-shots.

Sorry for the juvenile request. But I really, really miss head-shots.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 19:02
Quote: "- Frame-rate issues; there are workarounds, and tweaking to do. But it would be much better to reach some of the standards of many of todays games (over 100fps), and would allow more time to be spent in creating levels, without worrying about the final product slowing down to a halt on all but the highest spec computer."

Alright, this is something I can explain. You see, 100 fps ain't easy to acheive. Of course, my computer sucks, but that's besides the point. In order to get a really, really good framerate, much of FPSC would have to be re-written. Most DBP games that run better do so mainly because they can be optimized to exlude anything the developer doesn't want. FPSC is another story. It is checking constantly for a whole slew of variables and such that a normal DBP game doesn't usually bother with, but this is because of the customization system is outside the EXE. Honestly, I'd much rather see a timing system (speed things up with low framerate, slow down with high framerate) rather than a higher FPS period. This way 20 wouldn't be so bad.

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 23:35
yer
i dont c y everyone want the file size to go down??
u can just compress it.

Presonaly...i like big games.....shows that it is good

If I Want It, I Want It

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 13:03
Quote: "i dont c y everyone want the file size to go down??
u can just compress it"

Try this:
I don't see why everyone wants the file sizes to go down?
You can just compress it?

I am pretty sure you can spell words like see,why,etc.
This ain't text messaging and that will get on everybody's nerves really quick.
As far as your question goes...even if you compress (sometimes multiple times) an FPSC game,even a small one,the file sizes can be huge.
Even one level alone can be over 100 MB.
If someone is working on a large project (and I happen to be doing just that) a game could go over a gigabyte.
It will be hard to get people to download and play your game when it is that big...heck,it can be hard to get people to download and play your demos at this point.
I won't even get into whay happens to the poor folks who still use dial-up...
In order for people who make FPSC games to compete with people who make games using other engines TGC will eventually have to find some way to make the file sizes smaller.

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 10:12
I think that the plrmove commands should be sorted out, I really need them at the moment

so what's the job?
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 12:16
sorry FredP
i will use better english now
but not always

By the way i like your loader that you use in the test u did for airslide about the bots or watever

If I Want It, I Want It

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 19:53
I would also like to complement everyone on adding nonsense to their requests because they want to hide their true intentions. Everyone KNOWS what you are gonna do, don't shroud it with usless information.

Quote: "
5. Gravity. Especially on things like ammo. Stack two boxes one on top of the other, then put ammo on top of them, play the game and push the boxes out of the way, the ammo stays in the air.
6. Light leakage. Lighting can leak through walls and levels, light should be stopped by opaque solid objects (like walls and floors!)"

Those are BUGS you don't need new FEATURES

Quote: "Add A new trigger zone that allows the creator to call on mulitple objects under one trigger zone
Add feature for creator to pick characters for multiplayer without setting them in the editor"
First one looks like simple nonsense... If anything, you are just asking for more input fields in the ifused value. But you can just name everything the same... OR if you are looking for a WORKING :anywithinzone:activateall... it just isn't "finished" in the source.

Second, looks like more nonsense. Why not just say what you REALLY want. For characters NOT to spawn at their default location and to spawn at a select location

The ability to run MP from a mysql server constantly. Won where people people load the exe from their computers and the server does all of the work as far as media loading and and storing of information

If you fear speaking for yourself, make use the words of others while discovering your own voice.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 20:32
Quote: "Second, looks like more nonsense. Why not just say what you REALLY want. For characters NOT to spawn at their default location and to spawn at a select location"

The thing is I do not want characters spawning from a select location-that's what they do now. I want them to spawn based on a random calculation depending on the trigger zone area instead of how you place them.

What is your deal? I remember when you were a valuable memb er of these forums. now you just seem to be a bitter person with nothing good to say at all. This not a personal attack but come one man, relax a bit.

RF

Shaka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 03:49 Edited at: 19th Dec 2006 03:51
1)More intense gameplay( scripts that make the bad guys do more instead of just jumping from side to side)

2)Fix the bug that disables u from using model pack 5 when there are enemys on the map!...please

3)I would like a button that u would press to enable melee with the gun(beat down)

If any of these requests are have a solution please let me know on any of my forums!

Kill Count Prodiction Games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 23:26:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 23:26:44