Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator 1.04 RC6

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 02:04
MK83 - right click on the gun and change Fire Iterations to '0'. It always does the number of iterations+1.

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 03:29
thanks Airslide.

http://www.mk83productions.com http://www.freewebs.com/mk83
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 05:50
error: it's kind funny though, whenever i shoot, sometimes the shell starts flying around in circles, if I can ill FRAP it.

Get my Mega Segment Pack for free, be one of the first 5 to post
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 06:34
xplosys, already did. check his post above.

http://www.mk83productions.com http://www.freewebs.com/mk83
mickeyb
Years of Service
User Offline
with RC6 when i shoot a weapon i don't see the shell case being
ejected anymore
MR elevetor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 11:15
umm can u save you in game progress with this update or is it the "1.02" in the fpscreator download section im mixing this up with?

I dont want you to die....I just dont want you to live anymore....BTW: I´ve xbox 360 and probably dont nyah nyah nyaah!!!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 11:40
I must make comment here.

I am going to have a very good Christmas and new year so it seems.

Dark Lights and Dark AI in particular should give FPSC the edge I have been personally been looking for and everyone the best indie product around irrespective of the cost.

Hopefully Dark AI should give back the fps figures I look for and am more than hapy to wait for it.

Thank you Lee and the TGC team. I hope you and everyone else concerned with FPSC - forum members too - have a great Christmas and New Year celebration and enjoy very much your holidays.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 12:37
Uman,
Have you tried RC6 yet?If so,what kind of speed are you getting?
It is nice that any unused models/segments get deleted from the library.
How I have to do it at the moment is test run a game.That deletes the unused stuff from my library.
I can't wait for the new lighting and AI.
While you can work with the lighting I am sure no one will argue that AI is sorely lacking.
Once again thanks to Lee and the fine folks at TGC for the great support.
And,as Uman has already said,let's all have a happy
holiday!

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 18:21
Lee, when you implant Dark AI, will it still be possible to use normal AI scripts on characters?

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "We also plan to integrate DarkAI for free too, but I will leave this one until after Christmas!"

No pressure... but before the Nvidia end date?

He said, "You drink when you're lonely." No I drink when I want!
He said, "You'll never be sober." Sure. Why would I want that?
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 22:30
I've been over to the Dark Basic Pro page and looked at what it says about Dark Lights (and I must say it sounds fantastic!) Are there any vids showing Dark Lights in operation?

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 00:11
Try not to think about DarkAI, you'll just torture yourselves

Can I get more info on this apparent freeze when you save your levels. Steps to reproduce using default assets would be a great report ideally. I have been working with my own levels and those submitted and never got this freeze. Anyone who gets a freeze must report it asap if we are to make the next RC strong and stable. In the meantime RC7 will likely be released soon without any work on this freeze issue.

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 00:33
Rather than a video, here is a quick snapshot while I prepare RC7

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 00:34
Thanks Lee,

I haven't experianced this freeze. Though I have experianced a crash when I tried to build a level with full shaders and full lightmapping. You already have the tbl2.fpm that I sent you. I think the program just hickuped. but any way that is my only problem that hasn't been addressed.

Regards,
RF

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
wow that does look cool, looks like your work is paying off thank for your consistant effort

Thanks
Adam
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 00:40
Nice screen Lee, this will come in handy for my levels, I think I speak for everyone when I say that you have been giving us so much to improve on our projects and we all say thank you!

Regards,
RF

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 00:47
FredP,

Speeds :

No I have not downloaded any updates since 1.04RC4 which was same as 1.04RC3 as Lee had indicated to me that the fps speed loss of 20% over 1.03RC2 (fastest vresion) speed was no longer a factor in his priority thinking or further development of FPSC due to the current need to fix problems across a wider range of issues to meet with a wide range of users needs. He had indicated to me that Dark AI would be integrated shortly and that doing so should fix the AI drain and fps speed loss and I accepted his line of thought and indeed agreed that his thinking was of course sensible and a correct course of action though not suited to my particular individual needs. Therefore I did not expect any current Updates to make any improvement to fps and there would be no point in my downloading them. FPSC is simply not fast enough to run my game levels at engine efficiencies at less than that of V1.03RC2 which I have continued to keep installed in preference to any other later Update.

Following the now official announcement of integration of Dark Lights and Dark AI of course I look forward to seeing this happen and hopefully the fps returning to fps levels suitable for advanced level creation.

Since seeing the announcement I have decided to download and test run RC6 and see how it performs as I would like to see the how the integration of Dark Lights looks and will hopefully stick with the new updates now and await Dark AI integration after Christmas.

I can always go back to 1.03RC2 but hope I wont now need to do that as its no option long term - the only other I have is to wait for X10.

I will test this latest version out and report any findings of note. Speed if you like.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 00:48
Lee,
It happens when I try to save a level that has entities and/or segments that I am not using...in effect,when it has stuff to delete.
It saves just fine for me but I have to use the Windows Task Manager to exit out of FPSC and the map editor.
When I boot up FPSC the level has saved just fine.
If I have a level that has unused entities/segments and I test run the level it deletes those unused and it will save just fine when the test game unloads and I can either go on with what I am doing or exit FPSC normally.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 00:53 Edited at: 18th Dec 2006 00:54
Quote: "I will test this latest version out and report any findings of note. Speed if you like."

Please do report any findings.
I am always interested in what you have to say as you have been an important source of information for me.

Lee,
The pic looks nice.The lighting is absolutely gorgeous.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 01:42
FredP,

OK I have tested V1.04RC6. Please remember that I test only for serious issues I am concerned with so I do not test these Updates across all features and functions. I always test the same complex levels which have been consistant across all upgrades so that I have a level benchmark to work from and aways with reference to specific marked level points used in all assessments again so consistency can be judged fairly across the various versions.

I can say that this latest version is for me again slightly slower than V1.04RC4 at around just 1 or 2 fps slower averaging overall fps speeds of 24 fps as opposed to the highest readouts I have seen in V1.3RC2 of achieving near max fps of 30 -32 fps consistantly throughout all areas of levels. (excludes Serious Lagg Issue in outdoor levels only).

Without doubt the drain is Character AI releative, so no change as expected over recent versions as Lee had indicated would be the case.

I see no change with regard to the library issue which with me has been consistently messed up since V1 through all versions. i.e. entities library appears correctly - segments library is a complete mess. I see no unloading of unused or uneeded segments or entities in this version. In effect no change at all. See attached screen shot.

As far as my particular levels are concerned I found no other issues and everything seems to be correct. No other problems being seen. I found no crashing or problems loading, test running, saving or closing levels and exiting progrmm and all seems as it should be from that point of view so again no change.

The only issue I have of note to me is the fps speed so will stick here now and await V1.04RC7 and Dark Lights and look forward very much to seeing that and Dark AI integration thereafter and hopefully picking up my development once again. That would be nice.

Sorry I can be of no further help as for me there is simply no change I have any concern for.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 02:05
Thanks,Uman.
It is my understanding that Lee is going to fix the character AI drain.
That will be cool since that seems to be the source of quite a bit of my slowdown as well.
Once this gets taken care of and the files sizes get cut (hopefully) I will be good to go.
It is great that some of the good,good stuff that the DBPers have gotten to play around with will be in FPSC.
The future of FPSC is looking bright.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 03:21
FredP,

Lee has confirmed that the current drain estimated by him at around 20% is due to the Character AI in current versions.

DarkAI will fix it - apparently as well as provide much requested improvements to the AI capabilities. I doubt Lee will spend time fixing the current AI system and the drain it has - that would be a complete waste of his time if it is to be replaced after Christmas by DarkAI which apparently is to be the case.

If DarkAI meets its promise then it will give users the two most requested features ever - better gameplay speeds and better AI that together with DarkLights which from the pic Lee has released would make FPSC I would personally suggest the best indie engine available today. Sure there would still be areas FPSC could be improved in but the most important features for achieving a higher, more professional quality of game and gameplay would be available to all users.

X10 is potentially another ball game altogether and how FPSC develops in that arena for another day.

Again I must congratulate and thank Lee and TGC whatever the outcome for me personally it is a very commendable step to take and can only be to the benefit of all. Users of FPSC will have access to a gamemaking tool not available to anyone else anywhere near this class something which will not be overlooked by many people outside of these forums and the future looks brighter for everyone concerned.

Well done TGC and all FPSC users and the Forum community too - all who have contributed in some way to this undoubted success.

This community has gone from strength to stregth and is a different one now from what is was originally - that and the product both are slowly reaching maturity and playing their parts in the success story of FPSC. Long may it continue now in the same manner.

Happy game making everyone.

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 03:47
Will the scripting change much with the new Dark AI?

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 07:28
Quote: "Again I must congratulate and thank Lee and TGC whatever the outcome for me personally it is a very commendable step to take and can only be to the benefit of all. Users of FPSC will have access to a gamemaking tool not available to anyone else anywhere near this class something which will not be overlooked by many people outside of these forums and the future looks brighter for everyone concerned."

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Regards,
RF

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 09:49 Edited at: 18th Dec 2006 09:50
Quote: "I see no change with regard to the library issue which with me has been consistently messed up since V1 through all versions. i.e. entities library appears correctly - segments library is a complete mess."

I don't think Lee tackled that one at all. He only implemented the removal of unused items and due to all the messing up of icons it may be hard to see that the removal is actually working. But it is working.

@Lee, that's a cool screenshot, the shadows really look good and realistic now.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 14:15
Quote: "It saves just fine for me but I have to use the Windows Task Manager to exit out of FPSC and the map editor.
When I boot up FPSC the level has saved just fine."

I am having this same problem as Fred.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 23:27:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 23:27:55