Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Is no-one interested????

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2002 21:41
Ive been trying to set a team to work on a really big interactive single player text based game (maybe multiplayer version but lets get this one out of the way first) but no-one seems to be interested!

Is this the case?? Or am i just paraniod and impatient??

(and is any one interested )
Lost reality...
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2002 22:05
Before yoy start trying to get team members you have to make a tech demo. Just a short piece of code to show that you have started. Also a game plot/plan is needed along with concept art and a detailed sketch of all planned interfaces.

Then you wil get all the interest you need.

Good luck,
Martyn Pittuck

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2002 00:43
I've had a go at text games, and creating the interface is really hard. I'll help you with the programming if you want, but I suggest trying another language if the emphasis is on the gameplay, rather than the code writing. It does help to have a game planned out, even more so in a text game. For the ones I wrote (lost the source code, sorry, they were in GWBasic on an old Amstrad) I planned out everything to the last detail. If you need help with the plan structure I can help there as well. If you want more information, mail Jonathan.Gover@btinternet.com
Sly D
Years of Service
User Offline
Could you describe more in detail what will that game look like.Just the story.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2002 00:53
I'm all for nostalgic titles ... but please, atleast think about a point'n'click adventure!!!
If i end up with another Hitch Hickers Guide To The Galaxy time of my life... i'll have to do something drastic

Holy jumping mother of god NOOOO!!!...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 09:07:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 09:07:56