Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Protection error Debugger detected Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is a strange thing, I suddenly have this error:

Quote: "

Protection Error

Debugger Detected - Please close it down and restart

Windows NT users: Please not that having the
WinIce/SoftIce service installed means that you
are running a debugger!

"

This happens when I try to run my program under Debug->Start Debuging (VC++ 2005)

does this happened to anyone?
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 22:12
What are you trying to run? DGDK, DGDK.NET, a DBP program, a protected plugin? Can you be more specific?

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 22:57
SoftIce!
grrrrrrrr

you wouldnt have that installed would you?
that would be bad

frstPrsn
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to run a program created in DGDK and it seems like it is occuring in dbLoadAnimation. Here is the basic structure.

if I change the filename with the actual animation file, that protection error does not appear. And by the way, I don't know if I have that WinSoft installed, I don't remember installing one; or it comes with MS VS 2005.
James Bondo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2006 01:27 Edited at: 20th Dec 2006 01:33
WinIce or SoftIce is not part of Microsoft. Infact, im pretty sure microsoft hates such software.

If you dont know if you have it, you most likely dont

However, ive seen that error before in other programs (long time ago, so dont remember where or what), but i dont know how to fix it.

Try reinstalling MS VS or DGDK.

EDIT:
Hmm just thought of something.
At my work/school, we use roaming profiles. This means we have a home directory and a desktop that gets shared on a server. So i can log on anywhere.

But if i make a Visual Studio project and save it on any of those shares (home drive, desktop or my documents) i get an Access Denied exception kinda message... dont remember the exact exception. This happens when using DGDK.NET (or use a few specific commands such as Application.Exit(); ) so maybe your message is the equivelant in the C++ lib version.

Try compiling and copying the exe file to a local folder to which you have full access (C: drive).

Proud member of The Unforgiven Warriors
http://www.tuwguild.com
Wilvis
Years of Service
User Offline
Softice is pretty bad for this error. if you don't have it installed are you using a plugin that looks for debuggers?
frstPrsn
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, my situation is similar to the edit part of James so I'm asuming that that is the problem. And I don't know either if I installed anything that looks for debuggers. I'll try to look for it one of these days

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 03:56:16
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 03:56:16