Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / eXtends...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2006 17:04 Edited at: 21st Dec 2006 17:11
Well, I have been playing with eXtends for some time. Overall, it is OK, but I have a complaint...

When I read the docs, in the Introduction page it says this:

Quote: "The main objectives of this pack is to give to DarkBASIC Professional developper a more "Object" oriented coding experience. The various media support is no more handled "staticly" but "dynamically". For example, commands like : Load Image "image.bmp", 1 will become : Image = IMG Load
Image("image.bmp")."

Well, that's good (although not related to object orientation at all), but it feels strange that the new functions you have added use the classic ID number style. For example: XGui Create Window WindowNumber, Width, Height, Flag. Shouldn't have been more coherent to use the same handle style you are introducing in the extension?

== Jedive ==
AthlonXP 1600+, 512MB, GeForce5200, WinXP/DX9, Ubuntu
iBook G4 1Ghz, 256MB, Radeon9200, Mac OS X Panther
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2006 14:28
Yes, you're right.

if enough eXtends user ask me to change XGui to handle windows and gadgets ID dynamically, I'll add it for the next upgrade.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 14:07
@Jedive How often do you check your email? Is the one in this profile your latest one? Interested in getting BSP Factory.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-16 08:58:21
Your offset time is: 2024-06-16 08:58:21