Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Asteroids

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2003 16:50 Edited at: 28th Apr 2003 16:51
Coming Soon

Work In Progress report at: http://www.banshee.ukhq.co.uk

The retro competition maybe over but our lust for it isn't! After a few hours of coding last night Banshee is almost ready to deliver yet another retro classic.

I'm trying very hard to secure a major musician for this game, it's all Nick's fault he said 'I want this song' and then I saw who it was by and sighed... More news on that when I get the answer

The game itself has the usual trademark Banshee playability and will also include our Netscore service, now with game update detection and individual player profile hi-scores (so that the score chart doesn't clog up with just a few good players).

Along with a thumping sound track (if we get the license!) there'll be power ups galore. We've not decided on what to put in the background yet, but I think most of you know us well enough by now to know we wont be leaving it blank!

More news soon...

Pneumatic Dryll
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2003 11:26
Updated preview picture (I hope, my provider has cached the old picture!) to show new plasma 'power up' burst

Pneumatic Dryll
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2003 21:11 Edited at: 20th May 2003 21:11
This game is going BETA tonight. We have a good team of beta-testers, but would accept a few willing enthusiasts if they are keen - reply by email to: thane@globalnet.co.uk

The BETA download will be in excess of 5mb and distributed via private URL.

Testers must agree not to disclose any media or files from the BETA version and must not disclose the download link. Although other persons may play the game on the testers computer.

This is so that BETA releases do not get confused for the real mackoy.

There is no non-disclosure agreement to sign for this project. Flame it, boast about it - say what you like

Pneumatic Dryll
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 00:01
BETA Release Candidate is on it's way to the test team as we speak - although i've already found 1 minor bug myself... doh!

Shouldn't be long now.

Pneumatic Dryll
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2003 01:46
BETA4 - release candidate now submitted.... my fingers need a rest.

I think we are about there now, should hopefully have the game out tommorow.

Pneumatic Dryll
medwayman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2003 13:00
I love asteroids it’s one of my all time faves
Looks like you’ve got some awesome fx going on there. Look forward to playing this, and maybe today if we’re lucky.
Nice one
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2003 21:12
All ready for launch, just looking for filehost to take the launch bandwidth now. It's a 15mb download so there's no way our site could cope with that during the launch frenzy.

Pneumatic Dryll
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 09:20
Release Announcement:
http://www.darkbasicpro.com/apollo/view.php?t=10832&b=5

Pneumatic Dryll

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:56:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:56:06