Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / New to Game Programming..... Help...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2003 20:29
Good day to you..

I'm am new to DBP.. I have been going through the tutorials on the web.. I understand the concepts and the methods explained... however there is not a tutorial which shows one how to build a basic 2D game. The elements are shown.. but no guidance to putting it all together..

I was wondering is anyone new where such examples could be found? with some explanation of what is happening.

Thank you for you time....

Colin.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2003 02:08
Have a look at the Retro competition results page. Start with maybe an invaders clone, then work up.
Happy Mongoose
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2003 23:23
Try www.gamedev.net - it's not Dark Basic specific, but they have loads of tutorials and stuff that can help get you started.

Nilrem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 02:05
That is true Happy Mongoose, whilst I'm not one with authority (I'm no guru, by bloody far) to advise which one of the two mentioned he should do, however I've been on gamedev before trying to learn game programming; I have learnt more about game programming with DBP in just over a month then I ever did at gamedev, so instead of leading Colin Hart astray, I believe that he should concentrate on the methods at and the concepts at gamedev, and not take to Hart (Pun intended) the code provided.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Armeggadon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 03:58
there are a couple ppl working on that exact problem. they were upset about lack of 2D tutorials. i dont know where the tutorials are though(or if their up yet) but if i find the people trying to make them then maybe i could ask them(actually they've posted som questions on this board but i dont know where just look and im sure youll find them)

Current Status: learning MORE about dbpro
I consider myself: newb

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 02:15:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 02:15:14