Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Request for BlueGUI - Grid window(?)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2006 14:46
Hi,
I have a request for BlueGUI. I see this gadget multiple times before (see image) and I wonder if it would be possible to add this one to the BlueGUI list?
The example is from CodeSurge (the Project Manager). It would come in really handy for entities for example.

It's the programmer's life:
Have a problem, solve the problem, and have a new problem to solve.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2006 06:00
You can kind of do this a few different ways. There is no single gadget that will accomplish this same task, however having multiple editboxes along with a listview which is made visible when the 'dropdown' arrow is clicked is about as close as you are going to come with bluegui (unless Rob has a fancy card up his sleeve). I have created lists similar to this without the borders using listviews, but they are not as easily editable as having individual edit boxes.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2006 23:12
It is possible to create one of these using a listview in table (aka "report") mode ( set using setListViewStyle ). However I agree that it would be convenient to have it built in.

BlueGUI Windows Plugin
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2006 22:45
Quote: "However I agree that it would be convenient to have it built in."

Does that mean something?

I have used the listview report mode before, but I doubt it comes in handy for that particular purpose.

Alqueran,

To me it seems that it would be a little inconvenient to create:
- listview
- 2 textboxes (1 for the left column and 1 for the right to edit)
- combobox (for multiple choice)

And apart from that, I have no idea how I would do the scrolling.

It's the programmer's life:
Have a problem, solve the problem, and have a new problem to solve.
Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 05:22
I agree that it would be inconvenient to do so, I was offering a possible solution apart from the listview route that I and Rob had mentioned. It would be nice to have this, I too could have used it on more than one occasion.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:38:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:38:21