Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Arena .exe Multi player ? question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 06:12
I Made a Test arena Game Just to try out and after following The instructions for building the game, I transfered the .exe file to my server and it refuses to open. States has a problem and needs to close. hmmm. so I went to the folder and zipped the entire folder and same thing, sorry has a Problem and needs to close. since I wrote to support and no response after a week, I thought maybe someone knows the Magic trick to send a arena exe so My Kid can shoot me a few times LOL any help on this would be Great. Tks in advance

To-xist or not To-xist ? try FPS
300 win mag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 07:01
ok i put my arena games on a CD do that and send it to him or if u ahve a web put it on there like i do so i dont have to go out and buy a crap load of CDs OR if u have a my space(i dont know if this will work i dont have a my space) try to put it on there

dont look up u might see me there
Toxist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 08:13
I appreciate your Response, but as i mentioned I transfered the Exe file Zip and rar by PC anywhere to the server ( where I could test the Mutiplayer feature) The Problem is I am either not building the exe arena game correctly or I'm mising something. But when I up zip or un pack the rar file, the Blue exe file is there to start the game (or open it) but it pops up a window and says has encountered a error and needs to close. The asks me to send error report. What is strange is I can open the exe on My PC but no one else can on theirs. So I,m at a loss. All I did was make a 4 or 6 room ( i forgot) with 2 players, no added stuff, just to see how it works. But as I says it won't open on another PC. is only 21 MB Rar but if someone would D/L it and see if it will open would be a help. Then I would know it is not my error in making the arena game. here is the Link and pass is coach and is in rar and zip. and the Zip http://rapidshare.com/files/9358447/Copy_of_MyArena_Game.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/9361472/MyArena_Game.zip.html I appreciate any help possible.

300 win mag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 06:10
relly quick what dose it do when u try to open it up i thenk i know how to fix this(90% of my games r multiplayer)

dont look up u might see me there
Toxist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 08:07
ANY Game I build I folow the instructions, and go to the File that the exe was created ( My Games) it shows the Blue Icon.exe and a folder labled Files and 2 Note pad setup and Userdetails. I tried different ways, I copied the Blue exe file to a removable USB storage device to transfer to my other PC I drag it to the desktop and error needs to close, if put in C: programs same thing. I copied all 4 items and tried it that way same thing. error needs to close send report? I Just can not get a built test game to another PC Now I am trying a installer (as if I know how) lol gosh what a headache

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 13:40
so did u copy the whole folder that the game is in eg C:/Progam Files/The Game Creators/FPS Creator/MyGames/YourGame/EVERYTHING IN HERE
including all the folders
then put that into a zip or rar archive

If I Want It, I Want It

Toxist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 20:49
I'm sure i did, ( I think) or Maybe Just the My Game folder Because it puts more than one built game in the My Games Folder. Let me try it again. Will let you Know I have the Installer Program, I will Have to ask our Mod In Michigan (chukle)how to use it correctly since he uses it for Ozark Games, and see if that can be used to pack up your game and install on another PC. That would be cool I think. But tks for the Hint and advice, will re check what I'm trying to do. I must have read the Manual 50 times and it certainly is not clear how to put a built game on a CD or what to put in a Zip. To up to a web site. But then again you guys are better than any Manual lol

Toxist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 07:31
I think I may have found the answer, I had the Demo to start with and I think my PC thinks it still is a Demo is possible the reason why I cannot make any stand alone exe games. So I deleted all the FPSC files and did a fresh install without the Demo of course, so now we shall see if a exe game can be made. What a nightmare !!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 23:21:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 23:21:36