Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [Dark Physics] Apply Force At Rigid Body Angle?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 17:31
Hey, I just got DP two days ago, but can't sem to figure out how to apply force to an object, but at an angle. In otherwords, I don't want to pass DP the xforce#, yforce#, and zforce#. But instead I want to simply be able to supply an angle# parameter, and a force amount# parameter. Have I missed something, and is there a way to do something allong these lines?
Thanks guys, and thanks TGC for such a WONDERFUL DLL!!
-Sunflash

"I must tell the Queen that a robin has seen Cludd hanging about. No, thats not right. I must tell the robin that Cludd has been hanging the Queen..." -Mossflower.
Codger
Years of Service
User Offline
You simply combine the forces proportional to the angle you wish.
Applying a force for example of x of 2 y of 2 z and z 0 will cause the object to move at 45 degrees

System
PIV 2.8 MZ 512 Mem
FX 5600 256 mem
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 02:41
Well yeah, obviously that would work, however, when you get into more comlicated things, like allowing the user to knock over a domino in a certain direction using arrow keys, unless you find a way to convert an angle to xyz force values, this would be VERY hard to do.

"I must tell the Queen that a robin has seen Cludd hanging about. No, thats not right. I must tell the robin that Cludd has been hanging the Queen..." -Mossflower.
Codger
Years of Service
User Offline
Sunflash
Here is a link to an example I wrote a while back I hope it helps

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=87143&b=30

Codger

System
PIV 2.8 MZ 512 Mem
FX 5600 256 mem

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:33:12