Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / How can i load a BSP map with Collision ^^

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

ok. i have the DarkGDK .net and use C#... I think the demos in the DarkGDK .net pack are not so good... My questen is... how... can i load a BSP map with Collision. I will walk on this map ^^

sorry for my bad english... I'm from Germany.

thx.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 10:05
FlowPX2, I'll put together a C# sample based on a simple BSP map with collision. Once I've done the sample, I'll post it here.

Also, and people have pointed this out, but there do need to be more samples to show off other features of the toolkit.

Paul.

FlowPX2
Years of Service
User Offline
hi,

after along night on the PC... I coded this.

the collision works, but not perfect...

if i set this line
"CDGDK.oDBWorld.SetBSPCameraCollision(1, 0, 1.0f, 0);"
to this
"CDGDK.oDBWorld.SetBSPCameraCollision(1, 0, 1.5f, 0);"

the collision is ok on all walls, but i can't walk through doors.

Another question is... a few maps have a script for open Doors or what ever... work this?

Flow
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 13:50
Ok, because DGDK.NET only supports loading of BSP files for display, you will need to implement your own doors. DBP only supported loading of BSP files as well, which is why alot of people have resorted to .X, 3DWS or Cartography Shop map files.

I have written a very rudimentary BSP sample that uses the Map file provided in the original DGDK (C++) BSP World sample, which has been converted to C#. Download it from here:

http://www.apexnow.co.uk/bspfps.rar

I did try to do a missile type firing mechanism but it needs alot of work, but it typically shows the loading of a Quake BSP map file from a Pak file containing the dependent textures. Worth a play.

Paul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:17:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:17:47