Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Answers needed...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 19:44
I’m experimenting with FPSC so I need a little help here..

My first question would be about the game server hosting. I actually need someone to confirm if this is correct: when playing multiplayer one of the players need to host the game (so he is basically the server), if he leaves the game the other players are returned to main menu, right? But, what if the player who is hosting the game has few lives and after some time he gets killed? Will the game end or he will just need to stay looking at the screen, waiting others to finish?

Another question is about online player ranking system. Is it possible, without future coding in DB to make ranking system? I.e., five of us are playing multiplayer, who ever wins gets listed at the site’s ranking list. You get the point..

That’s for now, hope these two are not to hard for answering.

Best regards
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 20:43
I've only played death-match type MP games. From what I've seen; when the Host quits the game, the connection is gone and a new game must be hosted and or joined.

There's only one winner in each game, so you don't have to wait on others to finish playing. Once a player has reached the set number of Frags, the game's over. Players respawn until there's a winner.

And I doubt there’s a way to rank players without changing the source code.

best of luck!

SBG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 11:22
Thanks for answering. I thought soo. Probably DB coding is required. I'll keep asking questions.

Regards
SBG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 23:45
Hi there again,

I just run on to an advice, which says: Use Doors (Automatic if possible). Why use automatic doors, is it because of the frame rate? Could anyone enlight me on this mater..

Regards
SBG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2007 10:33
Hi once again,

I have noticed that on my map when I put some lights in one room I have a yellow ball blowing and in another red (and the rooms are identical). Balls are seen when I move the mouse out of the screen and only blueprint is left. What these balls mean?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 23:29:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 23:29:22