Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / horror/thriller game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 11:33
what sort of things do you add to make a horror or thiller game? what techniques, models, scripting and effects do you use? you can discuss the creation of horror and thriller games here!

Hotron Games
REDGA
Years of Service
User Offline
just a few techniques:
1.chilling sounds,suspense building e.g.jaws music
2.blood but not to much
3.for weapons no alot of ammo
4.dark areas with low ambiance and small light feilds
5.no bright colors like pink
6.labs are scary if coverd in blood(using wall textures)
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 15:30
First let me dispel the idea that a horror game is dark. While the dark can play an important role, too much of it can kill the game. Sometimes, things seen, or partially seen are more scary than things not seen.

Sound is very important in horror games. I would point you to the masters work (search for Umbra, by butters) for more on that. The echoed voice of a little girl can send shivers down one's spine, and the sudden loud noise can add greatly to a visual effect.

Timing is also critical. Horror is a dish best served quick and unexpectedly. Building, leading music is very useful as it builds to a fevered pitch, just before an expected event.... then delay to make the player wonder if it's coming before laying it on him full force.

An unknown or disorienting environment, eerie music, unexpected characters and events.. all add to the thrill of play.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Mr Munky
Years of Service
User Offline
ever play doom 3.....remake that....

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE HIGHLANDER!!!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 23:31:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 23:31:24