Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Starting an FPSC game with an external menu?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I made this external menu for my FPSC game, so people could easily click multiplayer or normal. However, it seems that you can't start a FPSC game externally, only by icon.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Whenever I try and start my game from a command line or an external menu, all I get is a black screen?

Thanx in advance.

amigacam.net.tc
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 19:55
It's hard to tell with the little info you gave, however normally when you get only the black screen it's because the engine can't find the game files. If the game files are in the same directory as the engine (exe) then it should work fine. It does for me and many others using a game menu system.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I got it like this:

D:\Game\Sjaak\GameMenu.exe (it wants to start it by simply calling the exe from the game)

Then the game is in:

D:\Game\Sjaak\ShootGame\Shootgame.exe

When GameMenu.exe wants to call on ShootGame.exe all I get is a black screen, I cant even close it but have to reboot.

I guess indeed it cant file the game files, but why not? Is there something I can do in advance to say what the working dir of the game itself is????

amigacam.net.tc
MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I fixed it easily by putting an exe inside the game dirs that just starts up the other exe (more it doesnt do lol )

I call upon these extra exe's from the menu, the small other exe's just start the multiplayer and normal game.

Should anyone else have this problem this will be a nice addition to the forum search.

amigacam.net.tc

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 23:31:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 23:31:27