Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Sorry I Am Off Topic - Klan Warfare

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 22:41
Hi guys

I know Klan Warfare has gotten off to a real slow start... But really the site is getting ready to take off once I get the game that is already developed into play. (I was debating on waiting until after the nvidia competition to release them on my site) The thing is I really think I have done a great job with the maps I have developed and alot of the thanks will goto several members on this forum for the completion of Klan Warfare... Staminia, Locrain, S4real, xplosys, Butter Fingers, FredP and Bond1 and the thanks will be either from information obtained from them or models I have used from there collections or packs I have bought from them but without these guys I wouldnt of gotten this to where it is now.

Now with that said.... I got 1 beef here....

The guy or guy's who has been abusing my site for there personal pleasure obviously have no clue that they can be caught. Reason I say they is there are 3 IP address's and unless there dialup its more then 1 person. Now do you realize that when you post stupid things in my shoutbox I get your ip address... And since I know 90% of the traffic comes from this forum at this moment all I got to do is turn over the ip address over to the mod's and let them refrence your account so we can ID you...

Thats right when you post here your IP address is here to... Not rocket science stuff "same number = same person" And ofcourse I have banned your IP# there already but do you really want me pushing this to where everybody knows who you are and what you have done...

The sad part was I am wanting to make my site completely free and easy to use for the public and give back considering I feel like so much was given to me but when people abuse this that puts me in a position to turn the site to members only and make things hard on the average person..

I guess I just see it as being very sad when it takes one apple to spoil the bunch...

To the rest expect this site to be fully up and running when the nvidia competition is over.... And to the rest of you enjoy

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 22:50 Edited at: 29th Dec 2006 22:51
CLiPs- While I feel your pain, I Think that this should be kept from this board. You have accepted the risk of having jerks visit your site, everyone who has a personal website posted or have publicly announced accepts the risk of having people who would be better serviced by natural selection. I don't think that having someone blast off at your site would cause for reprocutions on these forums as they are two seperate entities. The best thing you can do is simply report the IP address to the provider and handle things through that channel. It would also create a legal footprint that can be used if these guys/gals decide to take things a bit further. remember if it's not done by the fine line that the law has laid before us than your attempts are in vane. You should have some sort of IP provider look up service at your disposal that is ran or offered through your IP provider or webhosting provider.

Regards,
RF

Reality Forgotten Dev Forums
In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 23:09
Vent my brother, I feel your pain as well. There will always be little pests and crackers, especially in this age group (remember when you used to say ka-ka poo-poo and giggle?) who will scratch the paint of your site and throw eggs on the windows of your forum.

I will have no forum, no chat, no shout-box or whatever on my sites because I don't have the time to run behind the little gems and wipe up their poo-poo's.

I feel better already, don't you?

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 01:18 Edited at: 30th Dec 2006 01:20
@ Reality Forgotten - Totally understand where your coming from and I assure you I have already reported the IP#'s to the service providers and also reported them through other affiliates who actually deal with this. I guess from my point of view is I know these guys are from here on this forum....Not trying to blast any person here at all because I believe this is a great community. But to let the individual who is pulling this know that he can and will be caught... But as far as posting here the purpose is to get the word to that individual.... Sorry to put the rest of you through this...

@ xplosys - I love watching you vent because you put it into such a politically correct way that anybody on this planet will simply understand.... Hey I may follow your example and take out the shoutbox and drop the forum and kill the chatroom....

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 02:05
Quote: "CLiPs- While I feel your pain"

Happens all the time with my website.

Get my Mega Segment Pack for free, be one of the first 5 to post
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 06:25
I had to remove the guest book from my site because of issues like these.
After spending quality time here there was no way I was going to have forums on my site.
Xplosys has said it well.There are immature young people (as well as older ones) who get onto sites and just make fools of themselves and are a pain to others who use the site and the administrators and mods...not that we have any of those around here...
It's just one of those things.If you have a site there is bound to be some moron to come along and try to screw it up.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 23:25:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 23:25:53