Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / HowTo Question: MakeMemblockFromArray

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 00:35
Hi Everyone,

I did notice that now we have this new command “MakeMemblockFromArray” in the .NET version to use in the memblock section but I can’t find any example on how to use it. If some one has been able to use it could you post an example on how to us it.

Thanks
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 03:54
Good! I was to ask Paul about it but just forgot. Don't know how to use this function, so it was not included in the preview of DarkEngine.

Paul! Help us here!
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 11:07
To be honest, I can't actually tell you how to use the function because it's not documented in DGDK either. The second argument requires an address to an array in memory, but not a managed array. So for example, it could be potentially used in C++ if you've created a correctly formatted array structure in memory and you pass the address of the array.

I believe that the function was used as part of the DBP language for managing internal array creation of sorts, but unless Mike or Lee explains what the function is for, I can't say any more on it.

It's only available in the .NET toolkit because it was also available in DGDK (C++). Both toolkits don't explain the function's use in their respective documentation.

Paul.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2007 12:42
It's a command that you can't really use in the GDK. It takes a DBPro-style array and makes a shallow copy of all array items into the memblock

Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2007 14:06
I think that there are some commands that will be better to use NET's own commands than GDK's version of the commands.

--
Niels Henriksen
Working on a RPG right now

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 04:20:32
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 04:20:32