Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multiple mp maps question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 03:16
wait stop and take a breath, I'm not going to ask if FPSC can have more than one mp map. I'm asking if this is a way to have more than 1

So here is my question. I'm just spitballing here and wondering if it will work. Okay if I make an MP map/build it/then upload it to the internet. Okay then delete the .fpm and the built version of the level. Then make another MP map build that one then upload it. Then delete the .fpm and the built version. and so on and so on. Do that several times. Then download all the mp maps I uploaded. Would that work to have more than one mp map.

Tiggle Bitties

Netdemons
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 22:21
No.

Simply because FPSC only looks for 1 mp map, so even if you had a load of them it would still only load the first one...

I think they should allow multiple mp maps though - also some kind of admin system so we can ban ip addresses and eject members from games if there been abusive

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 00:00
Hmmm strange. That doesn't make sense to me. Of course I'll never understand this coding stuff. If it only looks for one mp map why is it that people can make a GUI to have several? Hmmmm, I think I'll just test it myself.

Tiggle Bitties

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 07:19 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2007 07:20
hmmm only way as of yet I can think of to where you get multiple maps would be build each map/game seperately and use something like quick menu builder that way you have a menu system that calls out each game as you want to run it... very generic in my opinion and what a way to deliver a bulky game package to your people...
--------------------
But you could never run more then 1 game at a time.... and all the menu system is, is more like a game starter then anything else....

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Netdemons
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 11:07
Quote: "Hmmm strange. That doesn't make sense to me. Of course I'll never understand this coding stuff. If it only looks for one mp map why is it that people can make a GUI to have several? Hmmmm, I think I'll just test it myself."

CLiPs has basically told you how to do it.

Don't build one .exe with many maps. Build many .exe's with a different map - I was going to do that but at 100mb a Mp map its too big a download.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 18:52
There can be made many maps in 1 exe,but it requires a launcher that messes with the files...

...No Signature here...
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2007 00:30
Hmm oh well. I was just brainstorming.

Prince- I guess that's not worth it then.

Tiggle Bitties

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2007 13:44
It is,it only takes AGES to load the game before even the game.exe starts...

{Sample Method}
-Set all files required for 1 level in 1 zip.(2 times,because 2 levels)
-If you want to play level 1 click on external button 1 and let the software unzip Zip1 in the right directory.
-it then plays.
-The same for level 2 and so on if you want to.
{END}

I haven't tried it yet.but i will or might soon.i just need a .zip plugin for DarkBasic Pro.

...No Signature here...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 01:33:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 01:33:24