Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Quick FR question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2007 16:33
I hear that the heavily criticised frame rate of the FPSC is much worse for testing games than it is on the actual games themselves, i was just wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a signifigant difference, because my current project during the test was running at a staggering 7fps at its lowest and only maxed at 16fps and i know that people recomend dropping as many poly's as possible which i will attempt, but i dont want to lose the effect of the game.

Cherd Design est. 1998
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2007 17:10
When I compare testing the game in FPSC as opposed to the built game, it is only about 1-2 fps less in the test.

Make sure to limit the number of dynamic entities (especially those with A.I.), the size of your rooms and hallways, the number of polys, and avoid those odd bubbles where the framerate seems to drop for no reason at all.

Cherd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2007 18:26
thanks, what i did was just remove all of the buildings and outside entities and segments that i was just using for scenery, because it didnt really add anything to the gameplay, just something to look at and all segments that wont be seen have been removed, however i would rather just suffer a 15 to 20 fps framerate then strip the game of everythin that makes the level lol

Cherd Design est. 1998
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2007 19:52
I do think the difference depends a lot on the system you're using. For me it's a difference of 5fps at the most.

I always aim for over 20fps when testing the game, then I know for sure the build game will give over 24fps always.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Cherd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2007 20:17
ah right, ive managed to get it averaging at 14fps and it doesnt look to shabby when it runs, so im hoping that maybe 20fps after i build the game will make it look half decent

Cherd Design est. 1998

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 01:32:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 01:32:02