Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Dev-C++ DarkBASIC Professional Plugin Template

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2008 06:44 Edited at: 20th Oct 2008 08:06
@Aaron Miller - Thanks a ton! Now I can start working on the plugin part of my project.

I know this sounds a bit crazy, but is it possible to do this for Visual Basic .Net or C#? Just an idea.

Edit: Only one problem...DirectX Device returned from: dbGetDirect3DDevice() is equal to null. I tried to create a simple clear screen command and it failed. I also verified that it was equal to null.

DB Pro Code:

Plugin Code:

Run Project and watch it crash and burn!

Project attached.

Thanks,

Dark Fire

My future self met up with one day to teach me what I know today.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 20th Oct 2008 23:12
I don't see why you're continuously running into that problem - it doesn't make sense. In your example above you're using a command that causes DBPro to include the files that force the use of Direct3D. If you used the print command then Direct3D wouldn't be included - it'd only be the GDI. I'm sorry but I just don't have enough time to tackle down your problem - you appear to be the only one having it. :/ Everything works fine for me. :/

Cheers,

-naota

I'm not a dictator to those that do stuff for me by will. Only those who don't.
Dark Fire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2008 00:23 Edited at: 21st Oct 2008 00:24
Quote: "Everything works fine for me."

Do you have an example of it working? Could create the cls command for me? I don't know directx very well. I just copied and pasted code that I knew worked.

It may have to do with the DB Pro version I have. What is your version?

Well, and I am using vista. This may account for all the problems I am having.

The only thing that I haven't seen yet was an example of tapping into the directx device. An example would be extremely helpful.

Other then that it works great!

Thanks,

Dark Fire

Dark Fire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2008 08:32 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2008 23:56
I have been having problems again. As soon as you crash DB Pro using that plugin it seems to repeat even if you revert back to working code. The only way to fix it is if you start over with a fresh copy of the MSVC++ 6.0 project.

I have found this to be a problem in Dev C++ as well. I did everything I could to fix it. I used clean so it would delete all the files. Nothing seems get it working with in the project that you have experienced crashes.

Edit:
I played around with it a bit to figure where it was crashing and I found exactly where it was crashing.

It only displays a message box that displays 1 and crashes. This means the line that isn't working is:

You may be able to figure out what is going on and where exactly it crashes by using messages boxes.

I been with the project since the Dev C++ version and I found the same problem in both Dev C++ and MSVC++.

Edit:
That may be because why DirectX commands didn't work. It was during the point that it was crashing a ton. If this can be fixed then you may be able to use DirectX commands!

Edit: Fixed
I got the crashes resolved by adding a bunch of useless DB Pro commands in a do not call function. Can make it so you don't have to include a command from each dll? Are you able to resolve these crashes by making sure that the dlls loaded? Can you load them somehow?

Get DirectX Version() - Works when I used the text command

Edit: Questions
- Can you make sure that the DBP dlls loaded in the Constructor function?
- I don't understand how you return strings.
Is this how it works:

Right?

Edit: I finally get it!
- You have to include commands from each section or dll. (I think this is done by the compiler) This is how the dll is loaded so you can use the commands. I wish you could find a way around this. I know that other plugins have been able to. How did they do it? I know of a few open source plugins like cloggy's 3d line plugin.
- Clear Screen command works. I have no clue why. I can't find what command it depends on. You a least have to have one other command other then Clear Screen.
- This means the DirectX Device works! Yeah!

Let me know if you find out anything.

Thanks,

Dark Fire

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2009 02:12
ANNOUNCEMENT
I WILL BE RELEASING A NEW VERSION OF THE DBPRO PLUGIN SDK VERY SOON. It currently comes with a large set of C++ classes in it, and allows you to even import existing plugins so you can use them in your product. There are several other tools included (I may even create a plugin installer for you guys to use. ).

In addition, I will be adding support for FreeBASIC.

I'm posting here, but I'll also post in the WIP.

Cheers,

-naota

Outscape
Years of Service
User Offline
is the tutorial link broken

Quote: "Function ifKarlasks(Recipient as String, Post as String, Link as String)
Recipient Goto Link : Insert Post : Endfunction"
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 20:17
yes.

Outscape
Years of Service
User Offline
can u reupload it somewhere please id realy like to learn

thankyou

Quote: "Function ifKarlasks(Recipient as String, Post as String, Link as String)
Recipient Goto Link : Insert Post : Endfunction"
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2009 02:04 Edited at: 25th Feb 2009 02:36
no - I no longer have any copies of the tutorial.

Go here. You'll have to navigate to the downloads section and grab the latest version. Let me know if you have problems.

NOTE: This version lacks FreeBASIC support.

Cheers,

-naota

Outscape
Years of Service
User Offline
http://www.aexuni.com/files/dbpropluginsdk.rar
doesnt exist

Quote: ""Iblow for TGC", that'd look real good on a CV"

Quote: ""You make a game for the iPhone if you think it sucks"
Sucking is not the point Blowing is"
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 02:47
Go to the WIP section of TGC and look for my other post, I've attached it directly.

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2009 01:06
Im trying to compile. But it cant find "core_base.h". where can I get this from?

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2009 01:43
Replace 'core_base.h' with the name 'common.h'. You can get this through the Aex.Uni Core Dev Kit, available at http://www.aexuni.com/

Cheers,

-naota

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:30:48
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:30:48