Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / C++ plus DarkGDK for dbpro Dll

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everybody,

I own C++ (VS 2005), the DarkGDK and i like to write a DBPro DLL using the DarkGDK commands.

Im very new with C++, and dont know how to combine DGDK with C++ so, that it works with DBPro.

What must i do that this Code works fine??

THX for any help

DB Noob
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2007 18:11
It won't work that way because you're essentially trying to combine two completely separate processes. DGDK initializes and binds the engine code from the static libraries linked into your application, where as DarkBASIC Professional extracts the engine DLLs and binds them to the EXE at runtime. DGDK and DBP will not know anything about each other.

You need to learn about writing DBP plugins using either the Plugin SDK (if you have it), or by creating the plugin based on the documentation provided with DBP, and learn about dynamically linking to the functions of DBP using LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress.

What you're doing is essentially right, just that you can't use DGDK static libraries to write plugins for DBP.

Check out this thread for some pointers I posted to another user regarding the calling of functions from a DBP plugin:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=95308&b=18

Paul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:35:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:35:19