Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / ZOMG! Im a Noob! Its broke! Survival sheet

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2007 06:27 Edited at: 7th Jan 2007 15:32
Ok, so you just purchased FPSC. Congradulations, this is a very powerful and intuative gamemaking package. As a woman who has spent a good deal of money on other 3d gamemaking packages, I can tell you when it comes to A first person shooter, you cannot get more bang for the buck. Other packages with lighting and shaders as well as physics will cost no less then around 150 dollars with far less documentation and support then this little program does. Also the other packages require a great deal of coding in either C, basic or even something as obscure as angel script.

Like every new program it requires a small learning curve, but once you get the hang of it , you will be building amazing levels in no time.

My first suggestion is before you post, read the manual , follow it carefully, even try building small projects using its examples. once that is done.. move on to the boards for more answers and tips.

now more then likley your questions have been asked before, so before you ask, try the search button. The search button is at the bottom of the page, sometimes the search doesnt show what you want on the first try, so try using differant key words in the box.

Example: How do you make transparent textures? Try using words such as texture, opacity, trandparent.

If the search still yields nothing... then ask using a bit of tact and manners. Use media to help state your case, such as screenshots and examples. Last, make sure you type in clear and concise sentance structures without using Dudespeak. Im Sorry but when I see a question such as : Zomg! HELP HELP! my screen just got pownzered, what 4 u no make proggy that ripz?

Trust me when I see a sentance like above, I am not even going to read the post, I am going to skip to four posts down just to get away from it.

Next: make sure you read the stickies.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=95488&b=21

that link is a sticky posted above in this particular forum. it has a wealth of information and can answer 95% of the questions you may have. you can find simular stickies in the other related forums that can direct you to awesome software, tips, free models and sites that just explode and expand your fpsc experience.

I know that by typing this I am possibly blowing 7 differant kinds of smoke, but in the last week I have noticed nealry a full page of locked threads and repeated questions and posts full of some of the most hideous squabbles I have ever seen on a professional board. These flood of posts are actually flooding and drowning the valid posts that have some essential information thats useful to all of us.

keep in mind, when you purchase FPSC to make a game, create a fledgling company logo, and intend to market your game. You are here as a professional representation of your product. Noone is going to take you seriously if you break the rules or show a lack of respect to the other customers.

with that being said. To all the new commers to these boards, welcome, Glad to meet you and I cant wait to see what new things people make with this package.

If you have a question, feel free to shoot me a line, If I cant answer it, wich there are many questions I cannot answer, I am sure I can direct you to someone who can.
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2007 06:45
Thanks for that Jikito, It's been quite awhile since I've seen a user who took the time to post one of these threads
I think this community definintely needs it about now, there's so many new users, and a lot of people with short tempers right now
cheer,
-Sunflash

"I must tell the Queen that a robin has seen Cludd hanging about. No, thats not right. I must tell the robin that Cludd has been hanging the Queen..." -Mossflower.
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2007 12:48
Whoa Sunflash, were have you been?

I am a manifestation of your subconscious.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2007 16:46
Amen to that, Jikito.

Automatic: Biological Warfare

Comin' soon, maybe in Jan./Feb. 2007!
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2007 17:36
@Gamz
Mostly lurking. Unfortunatly my teachers would rather me get good grades then to stay updated here, so they've been giving me a lot of homework
Evil teachers
-Sunflash

"I must tell the Queen that a robin has seen Cludd hanging about. No, thats not right. I must tell the robin that Cludd has been hanging the Queen..." -Mossflower.
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 03:03
This is real good for all the new people. Read it, learn it.

http://www.mk83productions.com http://www.freewebs.com/mk83
Michael S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 04:20
This should be stickied

If the speed of light is 299,792,458 meters per second, how fast is dark?
Check out my current forum:http://ninjasoftforum.proboards107.com/index.cgi
Jikito
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry.. had to post it...

I refuse to pay $149 for a dvd series called "hooked on Noobonics" just to understand half of whats being asked.

I myself can be considered a noob, and dont understand alot of stuff, but have had great help from the community. I just see no reason why folks have to be rude and abnoxious.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 14:51
This is excellent! It should be forwarded to every new member who joins so they know what they're in for if they don't follow the rules, well done.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 01:36 Edited at: 9th Jan 2007 01:37
Quote: "This is real good for all the new people. Read it, learn it."

agreed!

Quote: "I myself can be considered a noob,"

Possibly, but I suppose that everyone is a noob at sometime or another. But you have been one of those "good" noobs, if you get what I mean.

This sould be helpful to newcommers, thank you!

Maybe this forum should make a quiz system so before newcommers can post they have to pass the quiz by reading the stickies and tutorials.

Get my Mega Segment Pack for free, be one of the first 5 to post
Mickm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 21:58
Good FAQ/Fact Sheet Jikito.

Another option is joining the FPSC IRC channel.
If anyone is interested I can throw a guide together on how to get on the channel.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=76597&b=21

I know I am in the channel during the day time (Eastern timezone), and I know there are others who come online. You should be able to get a lot of the small questions answered there.

http://www.gamestack.org
http://onlinenotes.gamestack.org
http://onlinebookmarks.gamestack.org
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 23:17
Okay.
At the request of the original poster I deleted all posts that do not directly have anything to do with this thread...including one of my own...so don't feel offended if your post is gone.
The problem that started in this thread has been taken care of.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 23:38
Didja like my post that you deleted, Freedy Freddy? LOL, I won't call you that again, ha.

Automatic: Biological Warfare

Comin' soon, maybe in Jan./Feb. 2007!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 23:43
No worries.
I have been called worse.
It was nothing personal and I agree with what you put in your post but it was off topic for this thread and Jikito wanted it cleaned up.
If the original poster of a thread makes a request I try to grant it if I can.

Back on topic...
I think this can be a tremendous resource to the community and I wish you all of the best with you efforts on this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 01:35:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 01:35:40