Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Changing FPS in FPSC games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 00:25
I've noticed in a couple screenshots that there are some fps's of 60-70. As far as I knew, the constraint was at 33. How do I change this to allow for higher fps?

"I will work harder... if you ask me enough times... or give me enough coffee"
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 02:30
Press the X button. Only in test game mode. And higher/lower FPSC affects the actual speed of the game, which is why they have a cap, so changing it wouldn't be a good idea.

Programmer of Power
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 02:58
But if there's a lower FPS doesn't it slow down the game? Like when there's lag because of too many entities in a large area, etc. I'd like to have a FPS at at least 50 during gameplay for me in test games and in built games. Could I edit the source with DBPro (which I own) and change the default FPS?

"I will work harder... if you ask me enough times... or give me enough coffee"
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 15:57
Yes, lower FPS slows it, but higher fps speeds it up, so unless you want too look like you're on an enourmous amount of caffine (both you and enemies) or in fast forward then it's a bad idea. The best idea would be to alow the user to set the cap if a timing system was implanted, which slows/speeds up the game's animations and character speed and whatnot depending on the fps.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 01:29:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 01:29:29