Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / edgucational

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
my mom says i cant have fpsc unless it has something edgucational in it other than game design......any one have anything edgucational in it...anything?????
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 22:59
Game design is pretty educational as it stands alone.

Tiggle Bitties

joey
Years of Service
User Offline
other than game design
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 23:00
Well, the physics are educational. There's friction weight, physics damage, and overall weight. (I think, correct me if I'm wrong.)

Also, it has an art in it...tell your mom that even though it's a shooting game, level design has art in it.

That's all I can think of.

Automatic: Biological Warfare

Comin' soon, maybe in Jan./Feb. 2007!
joey
Years of Service
User Offline
ok thats good anything else
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 23:01
Yeah but that would pretty much go under game design. Joey, what are you looking for. It's not going to teach how to do math. Or science if that's what you're looking for. It's good for 3d modelling, texturing. Those are sold seperately but there musts. Why would you learn something other than game design, if the thing you are buying is for game design?

Tiggle Bitties

joey
Years of Service
User Offline
yah you got a pont everything in it is game design
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 23:04
Download the demo. See if you find anything educational about it.

Tiggle Bitties

joey
Years of Service
User Offline
my trials up i only found art design and textures
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 23:10
Then that's all there is. If that's all you could find.

Tiggle Bitties

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 23:16
Why does there HAVE to be an educational something in the game. Joey, you must be a 8 year old. Seriously, I'm twelve, and I play games that aren't educational. So....just tell her it's good in art for level design.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 23:23
Modeling
Scripting
Problem solving
Learning how to interact in a community
Reading(cant make a game if you can't read)

The whole process is educational, though probably not in the sense your mother wants. We all learn stuff every day. A bulk of my time is spent learning how I want to accomplish something. Besides the physics side of math, or world coordinates for mesh's, on the most basic and fundamental of levels-

6 minor objectives + 1 boss= winzone completed

Hows that for Sesame Street level math for ya....I believe that's 'Lee's theory of relativity" 101
Jikito
Years of Service
User Offline
Its the first step to game design, as you grow with FPSC you will find yourself wanting to code more. coding in itself requires you pick up a good understanding of matrix math when it comes to games.

there is also art and creativity part of it.

finally, when making a scenario such as germany or another, you will want to research history and other things to bring your story to life.

game design in itself isnt a waste of time or money... a SUCCESSFUL individual in the field stands a chance of making more money in the field then lets say a doctor or a lawyer.

big name companies such as blizzard entertainment are always holding modeling contests for contracts for new artists to bring into the company.

so...in essence.. if you have a passion for it... and are truley serious..in wanting to enter the field of game design... then explain to your mother its a career path you want to follow... research the profession and give her the information she needs.

right now all she sees is its somthing that advocates guns and violence and the loss of brain cells..... you need to help show her whats under the hood

anyways.. good luck
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 23:57
Quote: "any one have anything edgucational in it"

It might teach you how to spell...

AE

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 00:04
Haha! Good one, AE! Here's some vitamins .

joey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 00:04 Edited at: 10th Jan 2007 03:09
Mod Edit: Do not post your age here, or lash out at any member. ...my moms just doesent like violent games so she told me that thinking i wouldent fingd something educational in it
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 00:26
FPS Creator is not a violent game. It's a game engine from which you can make the kind of game you want. Some have made role playing games, others made educational games, and some make shooter games. It's up to you what you make of it. Actually, characters, enemies and guns are not required. You can just create a 3d world to explore.

Best.

BTW: Please don't post your age here. It's against the rules and one of us may be a pervert. (Don't tell your mom that one)

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 01:09
Quote: "(Don't tell your mom that one)"
LOL

@Joey... Yes FPSC is a game engine... what you make with it doesn't have to be violent... Commander Josh made by Benjamin A is a non violent game...

You could create a puzzle game with no weapons... solve the puzzles within a room to get the key to unlock the door...

joey
Years of Service
User Offline
no youve got it wrong,i dont have to have something edu. in the game..I have to find something edu that COULD be in the game
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 01:53
Locrian just gave you the list. Take it or leave it.

Tiggle Bitties

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 02:04 Edited at: 10th Jan 2007 02:05
You can make the game educational one by dealing with computer sciences. There is scripting, pc trouble shooting (you get to learn this rather well) There is optimization of design theories. You learn about basic computer fundamentals. tell you mum to go to the school and ask them if they offer a computer science course. if not at a grade school then definently at a jr.high or sr.high school. it will help prepare you for the world that you will be going in to. also it will give a onle leg advantage when you go in to highschool knowing the basics about computers and how software runs on them.

Regards,
RF

Reality Forgotten Dev Forums
In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked.
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 06:15
Quote: "ask them if they offer a computer science course"

ah yes, I remember that.....

Get my Mega Segment Pack for free, be one of the first 5 to post
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 06:25
Well,you can make math games with it,exploring a world in 3D for kids with numbers to learn them count or whatsoever.

the engine is designed for FPS games,but many more possibility's are possible.Let your mum think about it.if she doesnt like violent games,then show her a few game types from the Showcase forum.it doesnt have to be violent and rude.

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 07:46
Tell her you can benchmark your computer with it.

MY FPSC FILES

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 01:31:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 01:31:31