Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / HOW do i install RC10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just a quistion, if you have read my previous post i hade a weird compiling issue. It is yet to be resolved.

I was just wondering the steps anybody took to install RC10(succesfully).

Cheers
the programmer
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 01:51
Go to the fpsc product page and the click on the downloads section. it tells you how to do it there.

Reality Forgotten Dev Forums
In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked.
the programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes well i had followed those instructions yet i still get this odd build issue.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 02:14
Ok man,

Uninstall all of the upgrades first, then uninstall the main application. then go in to you c: drive and remove the tgc folder (delete it) then run a disk clean up. restart your computer and then install the main v1 software. restart the computer again and install rc10. restart after that. then install any models packs you have purchased. then restart after that. and it should work just fine.

Regards,
RF

Reality Forgotten Dev Forums
In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked.
the programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks so much, your of great help i will try my otmost best to get this to work. With your help i think it is possible.

I will try your method hopefully it will work.

Cheers Reality Forgotten
The programmer
the programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 03:17 Edited at: 10th Jan 2007 10:59
it looks like it didn't work out.

I do believe this is completly messed up.
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 06:16
do you have the latest directx version? (december)

Get my Mega Segment Pack for free, be one of the first 5 to post
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 09:10 Edited at: 10th Jan 2007 09:11
Quote: "Uninstall all of the upgrades first, then uninstall the main application. then go in to you c: drive and remove the tgc folder (delete it) then run a disk clean up. restart your computer and then install the main v1 software. restart the computer again and install rc10. restart after that. then install any models packs you have purchased. then restart after that. and it should work just fine."

That is complete nonsense, sorry to say so, You really don't have to get rid of everything, just do what TGC has told you to do, http://www.fpscreator.com/downloads.html

Quote: "and it should work just fine."

By now we all know RC10 has bugs and troubles also, so this is no guarentee. Others (even those with that cleaned everything) have encountered problems and aren't able to run RC10 at all.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 11:06
Ben,
TGC has redone all of the model packs (except for maybe model pack 1) to work with the latest version of FPSC.
So at the very least if you have model packs 2-5 installed already you would want to uninstall the old versions before installing the new ones.
What I had to do was uninstall RC9,then I had to uninstall the v1.03 update (for some reason when I installed anything from RC2 on up it didn't overwrite the original V1.03 file,explaining at least some of the problems I have had) and uninstall all of the model packs.
Then I installed RC10 and all six of the model packs.
While none of the .fpm files I have previously made will run properly in RC10 I started a brand new level and everything is running fine up to this point.
In case anybody is wondering I have an Emachines computer,an ancient Intel graphics card and a single core processor.

the programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Now perhaps my CD is scratched do you suggest getting another copy?

But as much as you guys said my problem still remains. On three different computers i get the same issue? (I can not compile a game with more that 6 levels)

cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 01:29:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 01:29:22