Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark GDK, Visual Studio 2003, Issues.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just purchased and downloaded DarkGDK Freeware,
and I cannot build the sample program listed in the documentation.

I have Visual Studio 2003 version 7.1.3088
and DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

I created a new Win32 Project, set the "empty" flag, and then added a new .cpp file, added the following code to it:

Pressing F7 (build solution) results in the following errors:

I double checked the project being compiled as Multithreaded, and the compiler directories searching in the proper locations. Everything looks fine, yet I cannot figure out how to get this to compile.

Please, if anyone can help me sort this out.
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 04:33
It seems the linker is choosing to use disable a library containing the functions listed, due to conflicts between functions.
The listed functions are from the DirectX sdk.

May the 3d force B with U
RMarks
Years of Service
User Offline
Not to be rude, but I cannot understand what you are saying.

"...choosing to use disable a library...." ???? That is truly confusing to me.
Cypher Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 04:42 Edited at: 13th Jan 2007 04:43
I think JDforce means have you got the DX SDK and if so, is it referenced (it could be that functions from DX SDK are being overriden by a higher priority library)
RMarks
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the DX SDK, and it is the first thing in the lib list, ......so, there shouldn't be any problems there.

Also, I would like to note that I can compile other DX programs without any errors. Its only DarkGDK that is giving me errors.

I can't possibly be the only one with these errors.......someone here has had to have the same problem.....this looks like DarkGDK is an unfinished 'work in progress' ..I'm highly upset that I paid good money for a non-working product. If this doesn't get resolved, I'll be getting a refund. I'm certainly not happy at this point.
RMarks
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like it to be known that I have resolved the issue.

After a painful 9 hour download from Microsoft, and a 10 minute install, it all works like a charm.

I downloaded "DirectX SDK December 2006" approximately 500MB.
I apologize if I was somewhat rude in my previous posts, I was mainly upset that I had spent good money on something that was not working like it said it would. I had DirectX SDK 9.0c ...but the version was off by a few months. Anyway, I hope to learn lots about this new fun Dark GDK tool. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 09:34:01
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 09:34:01