Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multiplayer problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 19:31
I started a new cool multiplayer map. I tested it several times, and my player character sapanned in to my game always in the same position.
The problem is the following: I erased the part of my level where my character spanned in before. (The part of the room) Now every time I try to test my multiplayer map, the character still spans in the same position(Where the erased part of the game was)and my character fall out of the level.

How can I solve this problem? Can I change the span point in my multiplayer test?
Fodder
Years of Service
User Offline
Have you tried changing to entity mode and looking in that area of the map for the character you chose? You may also want to look at the map level above the section you erased incase it was placed up there.

The spawn points are located were ever you place a character in the Arenas. So to change the point, move the location of the character. Also, when placing more than two characters, the test option normally lets you test the first two placed.
Badenhop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 21:36
As well, if youve placed different characters within your map then at the startup screen regardless, you should have a choice in "who" you want to be when in your MP arena.

So "don't" select the entity that you normally do at startup and you won't be the guy that falls into oblivion everytime.

Addtionally: Are you using markers or are you using entities meaning those characters that you use to place enemies in a single player map? If you are using start markers....this may be why and youare simply starting off at the upper left part of the middle layer in your map. ...if that made sense.

Sign here...
Captain Kirk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2007 14:00
Well I was the stupid. I forgot to add a character to the game. I only pressed test game button maybe that's why the test game always spanned me in the same position.

Thanks for all help.

Chris

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 01:29:21
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 01:29:21