Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Moving Clouds / Sky / Stars etc

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2007 02:13
Greetings

I know there is a similar thread in existence which began to talk about this but seems to have dried up since 14th December

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=95572&b=21

Having seen butter fingers drop ship demo movie, the moving clouds look awesome and im kind of surprised that this hasn't been a hotter topic (yes i've read any related threads before posting) which either means it's quite easy or quite tough i guess.

I would really like to incorporate this feature into my game as it begins in an outdoor environment (see attached screenshot)

Im not asking for someone to actually do this for me and provide the necessary files but a point in the right direction would be great.

I've looked in the manual as butters hinted so can only think that it might require a dynamic entity cloud looking decal used lots of times on a high layer then moved by waypoint / actions e.g. movefore=x in a script, or one really large entity cloud decal (if thats possible)

I also noticed a command skyscroll=x which looks promising but am not sure exactly what this is or how it is implemented in a script etc

This is my first post and everything else I've wanted to get into my game i've done by reading the various tutorials / manual and user threads so please go easy!

Thanks

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2007 03:29
Every one dried up because of the Nvidia compo. Those that know how to do it don't want to let on, casue everything they're game dose that another does not is one more point in it's favor. Then people like me don't really tell anyone anything, that they don't know or has a proven record of giving to the community.

Best bet is to maybe wait till after the compo. You wont get many good scripts or even pointers till then.

Good luck
Loc
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2007 04:11
Ok thanks Loc

That's fair enough. I'll have a go at doing it with the few ideas that I've got and see how it goes.

Otherwise will wait until the feature becomes a little more mainstream after the nvidia competition (hopefully)

Ta
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2007 05:21
Well, I'd just try 'skyscroll=x' in a triggerzone test script, like 'skyscroll=5' when 'plrinzone'. I might expirement with it - I'm not entering the FPSC Nvidia comp, so I'll probally release any of my findings (sorry to those planning to keep the feature for themselves, If I even find anything, that is)

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 01:26
Shame that it took one of the most respected FPSC developers to leave before this feature was released to the masses but moving clouds / sky / stars script can now be found at the following link

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=98068&b=23

Please note that the setupgame.fpi included in the rar file should not be used to replace your existing games equivalent file as suggested in s4real's instructions as this has been setup to use default game settings which won't be the same in your game.

All you need to do is copy the clo folder into the files / skybank folder in your game folder then edited the existing setupgame.fpi in your files / languagebank / english / gamebank / mygame folder and add the 2nd line of the following

:state=0:sky=skybank\X (X being the locaion of your skybox)
:state=0:skyscroll=skybank\clo\clouds.dds

Save the new setupgame.fpi and then load your level and admire.

Change the clouds.dss file inside the clo folder for different looking clouds or stars etc

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 01:37:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 01:37:35