Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / After Building Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
When I build a game, I try it out. There is no hands holding the gun in the game like I see in other peoples games. Is this included in a model pack?
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2007 03:55
You need to have Model Pack 5 or 6 for hands... unless you add them to the original guns yourself in a modeling program...

s600cam
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! I'll go look at how much it is. I think it's $20.00 Correct me if I'm wrong.
Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2007 21:54
Twenty dollars is correct. They are worth buying too. Specially when you make games to sell.

//// - - FURTHER SOLUTIONS - - \\\\
SELL YOUR GAMES AND MEDIA!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 00:23
That is dirt cheap.
Ask the poor folks who buy DarkBasic Pro model packs...they cost twice as much (at least).
Sooner or later the fine folks at TGC are going to make these model packs for DBP too...which basically means one of two things are gonna happen...
1. They are going to start asking double for the model packs...
or
2. If you buy the pack for use with DBP it will come with a license to use it as such and will cost more than the FPSC version.

In my opinion even if the charged $40 for the model packs we still get one heck of a deal.
Model packs for other game engines that are made by the engine's developers are a lot more expensive.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 00:29 Edited at: 12th Jan 2007 00:29
Quote: "Sooner or later the fine folks at TGC are going to make these model packs for DBP too...which basically means one of two things are gonna happen...
1. They are going to start asking double for the model packs...
or
2. If you buy the pack for use with DBP it will come with a license to use it as such and will cost more than the FPSC version"

I'm sorry, but I certainly hope neither will happen. Quite frankly, it isn't fair that we'd have to pay more than FPSC users. *Hopefully* they'll just let us use 'em, because FPSC users are spoiled rotten (Although it does certainly seem that way sometimes )

BTW - I understand that's not nessasarily your opinion Fred, this isn't directed at you

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 00:57
Quote: "In my opinion even if the charged $40 for the model packs we still get one heck of a deal."

sssshhhhhhhhhhhh!! Now why would you want TGC to have a look at this and get ideas???

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 01:37
Quote: "Quite frankly, it isn't fair that we'd have to pay more than FPSC users."

Here's the deal on that.
FPSC is for first person shooters and is limited in comparison to what you can do with DarkBasicPro.
That's like saying that it isn't fair that we can't use FPSC to make a racing game.
And DBP costs more to purchase than FPSC for that very reason.
Now if it were up to me I would sell the model packs for DBP for the same price as the ones who use FPSC...but I don't make those decisions.
That's up to Rick Vanner and the rest of the folks at TGC to decide.
For what it's worth,Ben,I do agree with you.
I am just trying to show what TGC's point of view might be.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 01:36:05
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 01:36:05