Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / texture effects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 05:53
Does anyone know; is there a way to control the emissivness and diffuse values on textures in FPSC? I'd like to simulate a glowing hot iron bar. The effect im looking for is that the bar doesn't cast any light, but you can see it in the dark.

Lon

[url=http://webpages.charter.net/lflicking/]
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 09:01
You need to create another texture map that you iron bar can use. This seperate texture map should be black and white and the ammount of "light" emitted is equal to how white a certain bit of the map (white would be glowing, black is stone cold). This would need to be saved under, for e.g. "Iron_bar_I_d2.dds"

Place this in the same folder as "Iron_bar_d2.dds"

Hope that helps,

AE

Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 14:46
Thanks for the info. Yep I'd use an alpha mask chanel to control texture brightness accross the model but what I really mean is having a texture in a room with no lights but you can still see it, like its emmitting light, but not casting any.

Lon

[url=http://webpages.charter.net/lflicking/]
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 15:35
Then you'd either have to make a specularity map or an illumination map, which is what I think AE was talking about. Although, specularity would only work if there was some light cast onto it. So, illumination maps is probably what you need.

"Or perhaps we're just one of god's little jokes?"
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 22:14
Quote: "illumination map"

Hence the "I" in "iron bar_I_d2.dds".

If you have dds converter, you should take a look in the texturebank at the scifi items, that'll give you a better idea

AE

Zilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 22:38
Quote: "Hence the "I" in "iron bar_I_d2.dds"."

It should be iron_bar_I.dds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 01:33:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 01:33:26