Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry [boy, am I sorry], but I find the software completely unusable at this stage and I was really enthusiastic about the whole idea of making my own games simply.
Unfortunately there are far too many freezes, unpredictable undos, frustrating issues in level building, and errors when previewing games that I am having more woes that woos with this software. I really hope that major issues are fixed to deliver the promises on the box and site and I would hope that all registered users of v1 [including the updates] will get v2 for free. After all, its been the users struggling with all the problems and posting away to forums that trying to come to grips with this buggy gear. It should have been tested alot better before release. Sorry, but I can't use this in its current state. Good luck with it [sincerely].
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 15:04
Thanks for the luck. Sorry you can't use the software.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 15:13
Gee...after being around here for a year (and I am sure xplosys will relate) we have seen our share of all of that...but some of us have managed not only to deal with these various issues but overcome them...and at times use them to our advantage.
FPSC is not for everybody.
If you don't have a lot of patience and aren't willing to put a lot of effort into it FPSC is not for you.Also,there are just some people who are not suited to make games.There's nothing wrong with that.It's just the same as some people can't play football,etc.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 15:13
Take care antz!

Your mod has been erased by a signature
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 16:55
I'm thinking antz must be trying to run FPSC with Windows 3.1 if he's having that much trouble. My system needs some major upgrades to memory and VGA, but FPSC runs great for me.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 17:21
I have a Windows XP Home Efition, with FPSC v1.04, and it works fine. Well, except for the occasional framerate drops, it's fine.

Automatic: Biological Warfare

Comin' soon, maybe in Jan./Feb. 2007!
antz
Years of Service
User Offline
O.K. I get what FredP is saying but I would have thought that a software release would have most bugs worked out for most systems. It seems that the problems I am having with FPSC are far more fundamental and I will give it another bash after scouring the forums. I can't even get a preview to load without a crash [optimising levels is where it has the error]. And patience does wear thin after the umpteenth crash of even a two room test level with no added furniture/items.
My system isn't as bad as that...
XPProf SP2
AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 2 GHz, 512 mb RAM, Radeon 9600 video card, DirectX 9.0c.
I will be getting a new P.C. soon and will definitely try FPSC again. I do have the patience normally but when I wrote the original message I was exasperated. Happy that others aren't having the same amount of probs as me. Thanks for all the replies, sarcastic or otherwise. Peace.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 01:36:00
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 01:36:00