Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 11:45
I was not sure where to post this, but..

Sometimes when i have made a map, and press "Test Level", it loads for a few minutes and then an error report comes and soon after that a message that FPSC needs to be closed. It has happened a several times now. Image attached

Help..?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 12:03
I think I smell a DirectX upgrade? I could be wrong, but I think the August DirectX upgrade did something with C++ runtime.

I am a manifestation of your subconscious.
Pertti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 12:27 Edited at: 13th Jan 2007 13:26
Oh yeah a while before that FPSC said that I don't have the newest DirectX upgrade, but I have it now. I'll try to downloading it again of something...

[Edit]
Hm.. I downloaded the update, the old problem is gone, but now it shows only this:

WAAAHHHHH

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mick Jaggers Lips
Years of Service
User Offline
Pertti - I get exactly the same error as you now do when I use the latest release, and have been getting it for quite a while (during most of the RC releases as well).

I find it only happens on more complex maps - on the smaller test maps I don't have any testing or build errors. I'm very interested in seeing feedback on this topic as this is my only concern in the entire product.

I have the most recent DirectX (and general Windows XP) updates, and my PC is fairly high spec so I'm not seeing resource issues during the compilation stages (although the processor gets hit hard, there is still a lot of free memory).

Feedback gratefully received on this one.

Whatever.
Pertti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2007 01:14
Yes I noticed that too, it doesn't happen in small maps..

Hope I will get this working, becouse I am not going to be able to use this program if this continues
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2007 09:02
i have same prob on this 1 map i made
its multiplayer and its fair big
if i can get it to work..i think they might be jesus or sumthing

If I Want It, I Want It

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2007 23:04
Can confirm, I do have the same problem, but only with larger maps. It started for me on V1.04RC4 and with each update released after that it only became worse. It's not only in test games, but also happens when building stand-alone games.

I'm back V1.04RC2, http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=93942&b=21 Perhaps you like to try and see if it solves this problem for you? The we at least know it was one of the changes after that update.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Pertti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2007 14:10
Hmmm... yeah i'll try that. I'll edit this post then.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 01:33:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 01:33:03