Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Problem when Saving my FPSC Level

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Every time I hit the save button in my game (Saving the project) my editor freezes and I have to restart it... Why is this problem, and how can I solve it?

I am running FPSC v104, just grabbed it from the download page

Thanks in advance,

MaarX

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2007 22:36
Try uninstalling everything (a pain I know) then reinstalling.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 07:54
Here's the deal...if you decide not to use an entity or segment anymore and remove it from your level FPSC now removes it from the library for that level when you save...and freezes.
You have three chioices...
1. You can open the Windows Task Manager and shut down anything FPSC related...generally that would be FPSC.exe and the Map Editor.
2. You can doenload Candles' nice utility (you should be able to find it if you search using my name (FredP) in the searchbox.
When you hit alt/k it shuts down FPSC...you sitll hae to open the Task Manager and close the other stuff but the utility ends FPSC instantly and is designed specifically for the purpose of the save freeze...it is quite handy.
3. You can test the level.This will also remove the segments/
entities from the library and when you exit the test level you can save without freezing provided you did not remove any more media after you exited the test level.
The downside to that,of course,is if you are testing a larger level it might take quite a bit of time to load it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 01:36:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 01:36:17