Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Level running slow! Please answer.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 01:54
I've got problem. I start to make level using FPS Creator. It starting medium size room. It includes two sofas, outside door (what player can't open), coca cola machine and water cooler.

Then I added one room where is laptop, chair, printer and table. I also added window where I can see starting room.

Back to starting room... I added here door to WC. But when I testing my game, it starts slow down. Especially when I am WC. I don't put much stuff in WC. Only "toilet clean", sink, paper holder and soap dispenser.

I turned light mapping, dynamic light and shader effects off. I also updated my DirectX and turned texture quality "low (128x128)". But it doesn't work. All my stuff is static mode. And physics is turned off. But it still lag!
I can't take entities off or make smaller rooms. I don't want. It makes my game very stupid. Must I have to do rooms without entities if I want to play this game full performanse? Or what?

My machine is not best. But I can play Doom III without problems.

And yes, I am searched that this forum. And I readed all answers etc. But I doesn't find answer what is help me. I also downloaded that fpschintsntips -pdf file and tried to search there answer. But no!

Can I actually make games? My machine fills FPSC's minium recommeneds.

And that sucks!!!
Please somebody save my day and tell me how to get this work.

Btw, I early done different level. It was half bigger and it includes more stuff than that new. But It doesn't lag much. It also lags. But that smaller level lags more than that bigger.

Very strange.... Verrrry very strange.

Agent766
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 13:43
Hmmm... Maybe you havr one of those common glitches with the new update?

There are 3 kinds of people: Ones who can count, and ones who can't.

Did you know five out of four people have trouble with fractions?
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 14:40
OK where on the grid do you havet hese two rooms placed? Try centering them on the grid. Avoid placing them on the edges, the has worked for me, I hope it works for you.

Regards,
RF

Blitzkrieg Bop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 17:10
Hi. It doesn't lag anymore. I moved whole area center of the grid. Thanks for your help, RF.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Good to hear you solved the problem, but if you want another suggestion, if your level is lagging you can right-click on entities which the player will not pick up or move around such as a door and turn off physics. I find that this helps speed up the fps for me.

Tom

Blitzkrieg Bop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 19:47
Ok, Tom0001. Thanks for information. My game start lagging again. That Reality Forgotten's tip helped. But when I added more stuff, it started again (not much stuff). I try that your tip now. Thanks for help!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 01:34:00
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 01:34:00