Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Enemies drop guns?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 23:18
If I kill an enemy (ie: Aiko), and Aiko has, say, the G3 from MP6 (I don't have MP6, not fair!), how do I make him/her drop the gun once they've been killed? Also, can there be other death animations rather than the sitting on their back, stomach, or against a wall?

Please answer this. This'll be greatly appreciated.

Automatic: Biological Warfare

Comin' soon, maybe in Jan./Feb. 2007!
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 23:35
Well.......

But WHERE in the manual can I find the info?

Automatic: Biological Warfare

Comin' soon, maybe in Jan./Feb. 2007!
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 23:50
This ONCE I will tell you where to find the info... but PLEASE after this STOP making your game and sit down for a few hours and read the manual(it's time well spent)...

Enemy Entities section 5.3.5 (starts page 38)

page 39, under AI Scripts:

Can Take Weapon. sets whether the player can take the weapon if any when the entity dies, with YES indicating the player can take the weapon.

On page 88 on the manual it lists all the animations the characters provided have... I believe and Bond can correct me if I'm wrong here... you can add your own animations in your modeling program and assign it to a character yourself by telling it to run in the required FPI... I'm sure bond did this with some of the model pack 4 characters and the zombie play dead add-on...

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 04:30
Quote: "I believe and Bond can correct me if I'm wrong here... you can add your own animations in your modeling program and assign it to a character yourself by telling it to run in the required FPI... I'm sure bond did this with some of the model pack 4 characters and the zombie play dead add-on..."

true, although dying animations are hard coded to the engine, so you'd be better off replacing the ones already there, than creating new ones and calling then via a script.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 03:26:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 03:26:44