Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Im gonna step out for a while

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 04:38
I hate when people post these going away threads, but as I have been posting alot, and helping various people recently, I wanted to just clear up any doubts.

I'm gonna be gone for a bit. The Nvidia comp has burned me out. I loaded up fpsc today, and just sat there for an hour with no idea what to do.

Theres a bunch of stuff going on with my life at the moment, and the way of FPSC is not cool for me at the moment. Sitting in my room with a bunch of coffee and narcotics is getting me nowhere. As much as it's satisfying to create an incredibly realistic environment, if I never leave the computer desk I have nothing to inspire me to create. I've just tonight realised how dis-satisfied I am with life, and so I'm gonna go and live it for a bit.

That, and also, what went on here
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=97988&b=24
Made me really angry. I'm not gonna get into it, or bait for an argument (thats not what I want, I respect the forums for providing this creative environment) but I just thought:
that sums it up really. More than the "download and run" culture, it would appear I've fallen victim to the "download and run and tell mum" culture.

Enjoy game creation guys.
see you down the road.
peace.
Butters.

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 04:51 Edited at: 18th Jan 2007 04:51
Sad to hear you're going Butters, hurry back. I have no life, i ruined that long ago. I didn't get here in time to download the original version of the Fatboy, i was out elsewhere, but if I may ask, what did they consider vulgar, for future reference of what not to post.

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, delusions of morality"

"Once again you've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory!"
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 04:53
Hurry back!

Be sure to check the forum for special offers, and free stuff!
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 04:57
Well what can I say... I hope you come back soon as your work has been a real inspiration to me... Seeing what you have done with FPSC makes me want to make my games better...

Good luck with whatever you choose to do next...

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 05:01
Sorry for you Butters about the 'other' post (which I have already addressed right there)

And in a way good for you too...you do deserve a nice break from the hassles of game dev

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 05:13
Butters, do what ya gotta do. Relax, have fun, get out and live it up. Just don't foget who loves ya.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Skywalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 05:17 Edited at: 18th Jan 2007 05:42
The forums won't be the same while your a gone. I wanted to let you know I have played the FOTF demo a million times, and every time I do, I wonder how you got so good at level design. I hope to see you back on soon!

Good luck in future endeavors,
Skywalker

"Its not how many times you fall its how many times you get back up!"
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 05:34
I'm saddened to see your leaving, but youve diserved your well earned break Butters, im sorry for what happened in your thread, your right, since about a week before christmas the community is a download and run...which sickens me. You put effort into a model and release it free, and yet some people have enough selfishness in them to complain about one word in the instructions, makes no sense.
I too will be taking a break after i release PAW. the community is really heated, and i hate it when it gets like this, and i know at the rate on how indi is attacking people who are giving away free media, i know if it continues much longer, i will end up with a permanit ban or longterm ban, or at the least a newb slap.

I respect you for not argueing butters, but as being the way i am, i most likely will be argueing for you, because that was very unjustful for what indi did, and for that i apologize.

But butters all in all, i hope to see you again here, i loved umbra and i wanna see some new things your such a good game dev. and i just hope you dont quit making games because of these forums.

Later butters, hope to see you in the future.

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 05:39
See ya later! A life is always good to have, lol...

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Hope things work out for ya. Hopefully TGC will realize that people such of yourself who endlessly contribute to the knowledgebase is a key factor in attracting new customers.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 05:43
Awww man. Hurry back. I love reading some of your posts.

I'm curious as well what vulgar things was put in the download as well. I missed the download. Shucks, oh well.

Hurry back.

Tiggle Bitties

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
All the best butters have a nice break

best s4

Im a wizz at texturing toilets
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 06:04
Yeah best Butter, we'll catch ya on the flip.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 07:32
Butter fingers,
You are a respected member of these forums and you have put out some incredible stuff.
Take a break and do what you gotta do.All of this will be here when you get back.
It's only video games and there are more important things in life to worry about.
We will all be here to annoy you when you get back.
As always,if you need something just let me know.
You most definitely will be missed.

Godrich13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 08:10
I...I...*tear*...

Ok now that that is out of my system...

It's sad to see you leave Butters. You have given so much to the community as of late. But I guess Everyone needs a break. So I guess we'll all see you around.

Level Designer Looking for work!
jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 08:14
best of luck butters...

j.samson
My beauty it is my sin...
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 11:05 Edited at: 18th Jan 2007 11:07
Quote: "I'm gonna be gone for a bit. The Nvidia comp has burned me out. I loaded up fpsc today, and just sat there for an hour with no idea what to do. "

I know the feeling.... after working for hours on my entries and getting little sleep, I know what you're going through. Here's what I've been doing these last few days after entering: leave the computer for what it's worth. Watched a few movies, went to bed EARLY and I will do so for a few more days and then get back into FPSC things again. The only thing I've done with the computer is catch up with emails and people I've 'neglected' because of the comptetition.

Quote: "That, and also, what went on here
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=97988&b=24
Made me really angry. I'm not gonna get into it, or bait for an argument (thats not what I want, I respect the forums for providing this creative environment) but I just thought:
that sums it up really. More than the "download and run" culture, it would appear I've fallen victim to the "download and run and tell mum" culture."

Once again, I feel the same. It's to bad that this 'new mod' around here has made up his mind to hunt down someone and taking us all down with it. It really should stop, otherwise more people will leave.

Quote: "I've just tonight realised how dis-satisfied I am with life, and so I'm gonna go and live it for a bit."

You should do so, for sure, I've done that a few times lately and it feels good. There's more to live then creating games and sitting behind a pc all day (and night).

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 13:26
Best of luck Butters, I am sure we will see you again!

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 13:28
Too bad you are going away butters,But hey...we all have to see what tommorow brings...and well.we all have to move on with something sometimes.

Hope you'll get back soon.

bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
I hope you someday get back. You're much needed in this forum...

Project FPS - 71%
Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 16:47 Edited at: 18th Jan 2007 16:51
In the words of Danny John Jules: Bye bud!

Hope to see you back sometime in the future, you have given us all a new idea of how much work people can put into models and this community.

and as for the indi incident, there is no curse word in any language capable of describing my feelings about the incident...

Jams38
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i hate to see you go, I dont post alot on here but i catch up everyday and your games are excellent.
I do hope once you take a well deserved break you come back to these forums.
A fresh butters will make things interesting around here.
Enjoy yourself,have a couple, two or three, and have a goodtime.
Life is short so enjoy....

Jams38
Cherd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 16:50
butters you have been nothing but an inspiration in the short time ive been here, good luck

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 16:43
I see what you mean, Butters. Too much FPSC will kill you. Or, well, it's actually love in the song, but I thought it fit in decently enough.
Hats off to you, you're a great man indeed. Good luck with getting back on track!

"Or perhaps we're just one of god's little jokes?"
Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 16:54
One last goodbye,

Life, we suffer, slave and expire...make it fun!

JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 17:06 Edited at: 21st Jan 2007 17:36
THE MAXIMUM AMMOUNT OF TIME THAT AN FPSC BOARD USER CAN BE AWAY IS EXACTLY: 3h and 41 seconds.

Ok I was kidding . Sad to see you go butters... Raaghaag!

www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff THE FORUM IS UP! JOIN NOW AND GET UNREALEASED MODEL PACK! Space open for first 3 joiners.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 03:30:23
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 03:30:23