Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multi Player Menu Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2007 00:22
i made a map to play multi player and that all worked fine and stuff. then for the final version, i changed the background of the menu. when i loaded the game up, it was displaying the singal player options.. i then went back to look at the menu bit on the build tabs and it had all the singal player icon bits on (hope that makes sense). dose any 1 know how i can fix this, or if i am just making a noob mistake. (the map is all setup for multi player correctly just the manu isnt right!!!!)

Regards Charlie
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2007 09:44
rebuild.its a common bug.

Kimmen 1192
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello!
Sometimes ive got the same problem, i made the misstake to change background witout to know how, i just reinstalled everything again.
Now i got another problem, i cant share my multiplayergame to my friends, does someone know how to make a completley standalone game wich I can share to every1.
And does someone know how to make so when the CD with the game gets into the computer the game is starting an installsetup so you dont need the CD?
Please help me!
Fodder
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "And does someone know how to make so when the CD with the game gets into the computer the game is starting an installsetup so you dont need the CD?"

There are many installers available on the internet or better yet from FPSC developers listed in the forums. So the first step is to:
1. Select one of these installers, install it and read the documentation for that installer.
2. Next build your game in FPSC and create the distribution version.
3. Create the installer for the distribution version using your installer creator
4. Create a text file on your system called aautorun.ini. Using note pad add the following in to the file:
[autorun]
open=MyProg.exe
icon=MyProg.exe
label=My Cool Program
1. Change MyProg.exe to the name of the executable the installer created.
2. Change My cool Program to the name of your game followed by installer
3. Save this file for use on the cd.

5. Put the files created by the installer on the cd to burn
6. Put the autorun.ini on the cd to burn
7. Burn the cd

Now when the cd is placed in the drive it will start the installer. When the installer runs, it will install the game to the local disk,

Hope this helps.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 03:31:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 03:31:10