Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / new boy in town, like some answers please,

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2007 14:46
just messing with fps and using manual to help, but have two questions if anyone can help.

q1, how do i create hills for example i want to go from one layer to the next using land and not steps is it possible?

q2, how do i get a enemy who is lying on top buck bed to get off with out trying to shot me still in the horizontal postion(very funny to watch) and how do i get them to sit?
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2007 17:13
hey day dreamer, and welcome to the forums. i would like to point out the search button. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see it. Simple questions like this can easily be answered. For the lying on the bunk bed part, I have no idea. Remember, use the search box. that is very helpful. I'm glad to see that you are using the manual.

Tiggle Bitties

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2007 17:45
Also take a look at my guide, it will save you a lot of trouble in the long run

And welcome.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 19th Jan 2007 18:17
Day Dreamer

Welcome. There is a sit script on my site. Click the image below and follow the scripts link on the right. Hills and terrain are easily found in search. I'm gonna have to try that bunk bed thing. It sounds pretty funny.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Red Raven Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2007 21:40
People can't lie on beds unless you rotate them or get a script for them
Hills are entities just so you know
Also people can't sit down uless you make a script or set their skeleton up so they can.
Day Dreamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2007 22:17
thxs for the great advice, i am just finishing a good book, i will now print off the manual and the guides to help me and make this my next book to read, then i can fully equip myself to being a good game builder and hopefully be worthy to all ye who make games, if i need any support i know were to find the answers. Thxs.
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 00:13
Quote: "trying to shot me still in the horizontal postion(very funny to watch)"

Screenies?

I am a manifestation of your subconscious.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 01:45
For land or terrain (proper term)

Goto the following site and download the Magic FPS 2.2 Demo

http://www.uberdroid.com/

This contains a free terrain model and texture which can be imported directly into FPSC if you purchase the full product otherwise you will need to use the FPSC segment editor and apply the texture to the .X model manually and export to FPSC as a .fps segment file

You can edit the model within Magic FPS and scale it to meet your requirements. Edit the provided texture with a paint program e.g. GIMP to change the look of the terrain

There are existing posts which deal with making characters adopt sitting posture etc and theres another one somewhere which tells you have to have a dead character character entity which should help if you want him / her in a lying down position
Day Dreamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2007 18:38
here are my screenies

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 03:22:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 03:22:22