Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / I'm looking for Info on Upgrade Downloads to FPSC...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ello Then!!!,
I have been out of the loop for about 90 days and I just saw in this months newsletter about the upgraded version of FPSC for download (Update 1.04 I guess is the newest and/or best?). Does anybody know what I have to do or where I need to go to get the newer version (and... do I have to pay more money ???)?
I also want to ask, if I load this upgrade do I need to wipe the old version off of my hard drive first or leave it on and if I do wipe it to upgrade my version, will I loose my game (perhaps the kewlest dang game of all times, going by the name of "Operation_Bullethole!")that I have now (the file not the .exe version)-- and have to start from scratch or will the file open o.k. in the newer version as far as ya'll know? Is this info somewhere else I can be directed to, to save people a bunch of their time and read this for myself?
kind regards, mark_p

mark_pouncey
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 19:30
Quote: "I have been out of the loop for about 90 days and I just saw in this months newsletter about the upgraded version of FPSC for download (Update 1.04 I guess is the newest and/or best?). Does anybody know what I have to do or where I need to go to get the newer version"

I take it you didn't actually *read* the article about the upgrade at all then?

Because it answers your question.

Heavy on the Magick
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 23:56
Mark_p- To be honest, I recommend not downloading it at all. It has way way way way too many bugs. So far it works fairly well on others but it's just not stable enough. Just my opinion.

Tiggle Bitties

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
IMHO, always try the upgrades. If they don't work, then uninstall and go back to the last one that worked.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 06:34
Yeah you should try it at least. I take back what I said. The upgrade works good on some peoples computer.

Tiggle Bitties

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 19:41
On my crappy PC it works great.(Nvidea 5 series card,1GB RAM and a rather new AMD athlon motherboard)

but not when i use 4 lights in a room of 5X5 segments.

mark_p
Years of Service
User Offline
I think for now I'm going to take Jenkins advice and wait. I want to finish and save what I have and I want to use it as a testbed for FPI scripts development. Does anyone have any interest in the 'write your own' options or experience with getting them to work? One thing I remember in the documentation is where it said it was far easier to modify artwork than to create it, and I kind of want to use the same viewpoint on fps scripting.
Will it help if I buy DarkBasic Pro for this? Anyone?

mark_pouncey

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 03:27:37
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 03:27:37