Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / First World

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 17:23 Edited at: 10th May 2003 05:15
Hi to everyone at Apollo!
I have been working on a DB Classic project for a long time, and I thought that I would post it here to see what Apollo people think of it.

This is a link to it's early stages of development...

http://www.realgametools.net/forums/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=9800

This is a link to my latest work on First World...

http://www.realgametools.net/forums/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=15065

Feel free to comment!

Pincho.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2003 04:53
Looking good keep up the good work.

(Current)-making plans for a game-
(progress)-Should have demo in 6 months latest-
(misc.)-All other projects cancelled for now-
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! I was wondering where everyone was?
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2003 11:15
I like the look of the new ship, it kind of says 'I'm from Space Above and Beyond' and then says 'but i've visited Babylon 5'.

Pneumatic Dryll
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah thanks! Low Poly ships are not easy to make in Anim8or. Anyone know how to map a texture to a sphere perfectly? This is something I have been stuck on for months. Usually you get the top, and bottom shrunk. I have been told that I need a Geosphere...but what shape sections?
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2003 00:30
Download my Jetpac Retro Remake game from my website, in the background folder is a Geosphere model called gaia.x. It is a 500 vertice sphere that looks like it is more polygons than it really is (because of Geosphere construction as opposed to a regular sphere) and it has spherical texture mapping.

Just nick the model and change the texture, i'll never know...

Pneumatic Dryll
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll try it thanks! Hope I can get it to wrap properly. x-d
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
The geosphere's map is quite rectangular so should work quite well, thanks!
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2003 06:57
Glad I could help, maybe next time I will have to actually do something rather than point you in the direction of something that's already done!

Maybe you want a lower polygon geosphere? Maybe you want to apply two textures one for each facing? Maybe you want lots of planet textures...

Anyway if you ask Nick nicely and put a decent quality sample of previous work or demo of this one then he might help you get through those 100 ship models... He hates working with me all the time because sometimes I work without him! And if I can fob him off with you for a bit i'm free to work on my own stuff! Shhh don't tell him I said that...

You can contact him via our website if you want too...

Pneumatic Dryll
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I like making my own graphics. The only thing I hate is the graphics for the title. I am useless at Text graphics. 100 ships is no problem. I only need about 10 to get the game running properly anyway.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 22:13:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 22:13:03