Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / character controller jumping

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2007 16:32
how can i make my character controller jump realistically like physics??

like if its just standing jump up then come down (i want to use dp for this!!!)

or running & the jump should be alot longer.

???
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2007 20:02
This is what I would like to know also. I would also like to figure out how to simulate a character controller swimming

For running then jumping, you could take the speed of the character, divide it a bit, then multiply the jump height and distance by it. You would have to play around with it a bit though.

And I could be wrong (I havn't tested very much yet) but I think that character controllers have a good bit of the collision system already, so you may be able to just do something like,

To make the character jump, you could raise the object, but have it slow down as it "jumps", then once it get to a certain height, make it fall something like twice as fast. ANyways, this is all speculation.

"I must tell the Queen that a robin has seen Cludd hanging about. No, thats not right. I must tell the robin that Cludd has been hanging the Queen..." -Mossflower.
David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2007 00:51 Edited at: 24th Jan 2007 00:53
tks for ur help. but whats the point in having dps??!! if i have to code the whole damn thing myself for it to work & look realistic??!!

i want to use the physics for this,this is why i got dp so i wouldnt have to code stufff like this,is their a command to just give a force to a character controller like an impulse so it will fall back down itself???

if not, i think their should be!!

i really am not happy with the character controller at all!!!
another thing is it doesnt automatically bump into things.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:05:23
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:05:23