Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / is a.i possible without Dark A.I.?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm thinking of getting Dark A.I, but i wanna know if i can program A.I without it. and if so, how much more difficult it would be.
Codger
Years of Service
User Offline
The only person who can answer you question is you

System
PIV 2.8 MZ 512 Mem
FX 5600 256 mem
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2007 14:42
Like Codger says. How confident are you creating an A* algorithm for 3 types (friendly, enemy, neutral), with multiple characters per team. Then add proactivity - aggressive, passive - and states - attacking, defending, running away, idling, patrolling etc. Throw in obstacles and waypoints...

So it depends how much you want, and how much time you have!

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2007 18:17
I am quite confident that I could create killer AI without Dark AI. Dark AI, however, is absolutely fabulous, efficient, and runs in a different thread than DBP. I love it, and have used it in every project I've done since I bought it.

Come see the WIP!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2007 13:24 Edited at: 25th Jan 2007 13:26
Quote: "Dark AI, however, is absolutely fabulous, efficient, and runs in a different thread than DBP"

Is that right? So can it take advantage of a dual-core processor, for example? (looks at new mobo and processor on desk ) I'm about to start playing with Dark Physics and my dual-core processor, to see what difference it makes.

Lordcorm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2007 15:02
lol i know the theory of ai, but making it work on the screen is another thang for me

DarkLegion Studios - Coming Soon
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2007 15:35
Quote: "Is that right? So can it take advantage of a dual-core processor, for example? (looks at new mobo and processor on desk"

No no no!! My terminology sucks. I mean in a different OS thread. Like, if the DBP app totally hung up, the AI DLL would still be running. Torrey's Audio DLL does the same thing, and it's so much nicer than having everything shoved into DBP's CPU space.

Come see the WIP!
lava man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 17:50
Quote: "I'm thinking of getting Dark A.I, but i wanna know if i can program A.I without it. and if so, how much more difficult it would be. "

is there any tutorials on making ai for dbpro?

I use dbp and xna
GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 00:28 Edited at: 18th Feb 2007 00:29
just use distance to player and health level to make basic ai.

if monster health low and player close then monster run away

if play at a distance monster can see and monter healthy then turn and advance towards player.

http://www.KumKie.com http://bulldog.servegame.com
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 00:03
Quote: "No no no!! My terminology sucks. I mean in a different OS thread. Like, if the DBP app totally hung up, the AI DLL would still be running."

Yes, which means that it can take advantage of a multi-core processor.

What advantage does DarkAI have running in its own thread anyway? I'm just wondering what real-time stuff it needs to handle, I haven't used it so I wouldn't know.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP)
The Core
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2007 14:48
Dark A.i to me looks like a bonus and i would say a much more simple way of creating complicated a.i without the difficulty of useing mulitple lines of code (att, defend, ect)i have created a few games that do run on A.i without dark A.I *sigh*..all of which have never been so complex..from card games and puzzles to 2d shooters, if you only want to create simple games ..darkbasics many lines of code will be fine to programme..but if you have plans for your own half life or duex ex...ide recommend dark.A.i..this will save you numerous hours of searching the forums for advise or making yourself many coffee's and having late nights like me.

i'm E.T i have so much tech but yet i dont have a mobile phone! where is a land line when you need one
El Goorf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2007 22:59 Edited at: 9th Mar 2007 23:01
valuable resource for field effect AI, useful for both pathfinding and combat.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=93712&b=1

AI project I did demonstrating having AI that learns from experience:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=100193&b=8

both have source available to look at. the field effect has much discussion about how it works, but no one seemed interested in the learning AI :/

http://notmybase.com
All my base are not belong to anyone.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 22:34:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 22:34:07