Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 2 Errors during installation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2007 23:37
Hello,

I have been using the DarkGDK with Windows XP no problems but on a clean install of Windows 2000 with Visual Studio 2003.NET and all its requirements when I install the DarkGDK it comes up with the following errors...

Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

The dynamic link library ATL80.DLL could not be found in the specified path
<A bunch of locations>

Any help would be very much appreciated

regards,

Karsten Pedersen
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2007 23:58
thats a missing component of 2k iirc.
have you run all of the windows updates and sp4 for 2k?

Michael Moore needs film making lessons from Aaron Russo: America: Freedom To Fascism
Karsten
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2007 01:01
Ah soz for the post. I found out the problem shortely after my post and couldn't remove it coz im on n00b status. It ends up all I needed was Windows installer 3.1 and that doesn't come with VS .NET 2003. Man I thought hidden dependancies like these only occured when using linux :p

Thanks for your time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 09:21:32
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 09:21:32