Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Intro movie in a game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2007 19:38
Yow, i've been searching around a bit but i can't seem to find a code/script or something else how to make an intro movie before the game starts.

For example: Lego games have the nice intro movie where all kind of lego blocks fall into place to create a Lego logo, then after that you can see the game menu.

or Warcraft has the Blizzard intro, diablo has the blizzard and blizzard north intro movie, after that you see the game menu.

Is there a script for this or will it come in a next version/patch ?
Cause i really would like an intro movie of my team since we worked on it for about a year to finish...

Reply please!

*First Person Shooter games anyone?, i can't make them xD*
Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2007 22:18
You mean splash screens? I've seen a game called "Darkest Island" made with FPSC that has a static splash screen, but I've yet to see any made with video. But I'm new to FPSC so I wouldn't really know if it's been done. You could always make a miniature program in DBP that loads the video, plays it, then loads your FPSC EXE and closes itself, but that might be more trouble than is necessary. I'd be interested in finding out if this is possible as well.

"In an interstellar burst, I'm back to save the universe"
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2007 22:34
I'm pretty sure you can just modify the scripts for the title screen, but I haven't gotten that far yet in my game, and anyways I'm programming my own menu.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2007 01:22
Search the Product Chat forum for Game Cover or FPS Pack.
Both of those let you run a video intro before the game starts.
This is something you really shouldn't worry too much about until you have your game close to being done.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 03:25:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 03:25:08