Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Textures, Lightmapping

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2007 23:18
I forgot who, but some time ago somebody released a menu that you can run your game from, and select texture sizes (and maybe lightmapping options and screen resolution). I'm not sure about

1. How it's possible to select texture sizes (if all the different sized textures would have to be in the files, or if they program automatically scales them down from their full size.

2. If somehow it's possible to select lightmapping options.

3. If screen resolution affects anything in FPSC (such as framerate), or if FPSC automatically changes it to a set resolution when you run the game.

I need to know this because I am programming my own menu system.

If you can help, please post.

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
1. In the build game menu and:
setup.ini file, line:dividetexturesize=0
0=512x512
2=256x256
4=128x128
8=64x64

2.No lightmapping is an effect added during game building as part of the levels textures and has virtually no effect on performaance anyway because its static, however dynamic lights can be controled from setup.ini with line:dynamiclighting=1

3.A programmer that dusnt know if resoulution affect framerate and dusnt know how to search are you joking.... but anyway im hear to help these comments are jus for fun, yes low resolution is tons faster but FPSC only really looks great in 1024x768 (default)FPSC never changes it but you can with suprise suprise setup.ini lines:

width=1024
height=768

they may not already be in the file if not they cna go anywhere under [GAMEDEBUG] have fun mate and good luck

Thanks
Adam
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 02:10 Edited at: 27th Jan 2007 02:14
Hey thanks! Jeez I thought nobody would respond. Would you like to be in the credits?

Two things:

1. I was wondering about the lightmapping for dynamic lights, so you answered my question.

2. Wow. I really wasn't thinking. Of course the resolution affects framerate. haha What do you mean that FPSC only looks great in 1024x768?

Thanks again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 03:22:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 03:22:02