Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / DarkPhysics vs. Newton - Which one would best suit my needs?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been thinking of purchasing DarkPhysics for use in my new FPS engine that I am developing, but I have been having second thoughts as to if it is worth it or not. I am looking for an engine/command set that will deliver realistic physics that I can expand upon and does not have many limitations as to what I can do with it. However, I am not concerned too much with the learning curve of the program, but I do not want to have to deal with anything that is too overwhelming to become accustomed to. I know that Newton Physics is a free product, but would DarkPhysics be more worth it as a solid engine in the long run?
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 05:00
Absolutely worth the money. Dark Physics is a better rigid body simulator, and way way easier to use. It is directly integrated into DBP.

Come see the WIP!
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 11:31
I personally use NGC for most of my projects ... however it does not support physics yet. If you want to add physics (DP or Newton), I would not use another system for collision and waste memory of having double copies of all your objects. I would pick a physics system and use it's collision commands.

Nemesis_0_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 20:03
Ok im confused, do i need a physX card to use darkphysx, cuz my local computer stores dont seem to have them...

~*~ Life Is Temporary, Gaming Is Eternal ~*~
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 22:45
You can use DarkPhysx fine without the card. You just can't do the advanced fluids.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2007 08:03
Quote: "I would not use another system for collision and waste memory of having double copies of all your objects. I would pick a physics system and use it's collision commands."

I wholeheartedly disagree with this DP + Sparky's is a powerful and efficient combination.

Hopefully they refine DPs collision system to the level of Sparky's, then I won't have to do this. This shouldn't be all that hard, since Sparky works for TGC.

Come see the WIP!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:09:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:09:14