Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multiple texture support in .fpe file? Or only one per condition?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Almost all the objects I've created use materials NOT textures. I've exported the materials as textures (.tga), the object recognizes them instantly. But in the .fpe file for the object, you can only say

textured=material01.tga

ONE TEXTURE. I've tried everything, multiple textured= lines, separating with commas, everything. It doesn't work at all. Does anyone know how to apply multiple textures within an .fpe file or does anyone know of software that can convert materials to one UV map texture?
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2007 05:17
yea, leave the texture field blank.

Be sure to check the forum for special offers, and free stuff!
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2007 18:03
Quote: "yea, leave the texture field blank."

Only partialy correct. The mesh has to be told that it's a multi/sub object material user via the modeling app. Leaving the line blank is only part of the solution. When the x file is exported it must be told that it contains information for certain polys to be designated to a certain map channel. Leaving the line blank in the .fpe only allows the .x file to offer the engine the information it has on texture placement.
That C++ Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2007 21:16 Edited at: 29th Jan 2007 21:17
Thanks. Any other advice?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 03:24:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 03:24:35