Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Non FPSC ready models?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was just wondering, do people actually use non ready models?
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2007 02:26
Quote: "I was just wondering, do people actually use non ready models?"

For what... How is someone going to use a non-fpsc model in fpsc?

stephengp
Years of Service
User Offline
They could make it fpsc ready.
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2007 02:56 Edited at: 31st Jan 2007 02:57
Quote: "They could make it fpsc ready. "

yes, yes, everyone can, I still don't understand your question, are you talking fpsc, or about something else?

Be sure to check the forum for special offers, and free stuff!
stephengp
Years of Service
User Offline
fpsc
MonT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2007 03:03
This is dreadfully confusing, maybe a description of what you are trying to do with a non-ready model would help
stephengp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2007 04:26 Edited at: 31st Jan 2007 04:27
I'm askin if non-FPSC models that people make are used. If i put a model here, that wasn't fpsc ready, would someone use it?
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2007 04:29
yeah? why would someone not use it? I'm sure your thread will be locked though, because I think you have to have it FPSC ready.

Tiggle Bitties

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2007 06:01
I wish people would stop being lazy and take just 10 seconds of their time to make a model fpsc ready......

Be sure to check the forum for special offers, and free stuff!
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2007 07:19
Totally depends on the quality man. It's hard to see from your history the quality your capable of but you say in one thread you've modded games for a wile.

You post some really nice model, thats well mapped, and perhaps even has a decent texture to go with it, someone will make it FPSC ready for you more then likely. Deal is you'd have to post it in 3dChat because it's not ready yet. I personally only look in 3dchat like once a month myself but I'm sure many others from FPSC frequent the forum. It would, more then likely get made ready for DBP and FPSC if it's worth anything.

It all depends on you and your skills.

Good luck
Loc
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2007 08:27
I check out 3D Chat all the time to see if anybody escaped from the FPSC forums and is causing any havoc...
Seriously,I check it fairly often since I have moved several threads over there.
You can post your models there and if someone wants to they will make them FPSC ready like Loc said.
The best thing you can do is search the forums and find the tools (all free or at a very low cost) and there are several threads on importing models and making them FPSC ready.
If you are serious about making games at all in FPSC importing models into FPSC is most certainly basic knowledge you will want to have.
Also I would check out Nickydude's beginners guide.Just click on his sig in any of his posts and check it out.It has a lot of useful information.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2007 08:51
Yes, some will use them, but most will not, since they have no clue on how to get the model FPSC ready. While that information is widely avalaibe and it't not even that hard to accomplish, it seems like most preople prefer the models to be FPSC ready and will not / cannot / don't want to make the models FPSC ready.

I'm using non FPSC ready models, but only if they are of good quality.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
stephengp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2007 04:29 Edited at: 7th Oct 2007 09:23
post removed

"No limit may be set to art, neither is there any craftsman that is fully master of his craft"(The Instruction of Ptahhotep a 24th century BC vizier and philosopher)
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 03:30:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 03:30:27