Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Black Clouds : Age Of Ancients

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 02:59 Edited at: 5th May 2003 03:00
Oh no another MMORPG you dont believe can come true well ive come up with some interesting code that can make my game work just like Battle.Net

You play as one of the 45 classes from 9 empires that you customize the looks of. then you logon to your Accounts(yes Logon to your account,told ya it was good code,lol) and select from 15 servers to chat and join other players.

Features List:
-Customize Your Character
-D/L Quests every month
-Ride Mounts
-Have 50 persons battles
-lots of minigames
-Unlimited Level growth
-Wear Emblems you make on your armor
-Clan Support

I do have to charge for access but its gonna be cheap
Below Are Pics of the Gorvan/Treant Ancient and Necromancer

Artifact Basic-5%
Epic Crossings RPG-25%
TogaMario
Years of Service
User Offline
For the SAKE of HUMANITY! Get that image up I wanna see, I wanna see!

P.S. This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 04:53
lol,just paste the link into your adress bar

Artifact Basic-5%
Epic Crossings RPG-25%
Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 05:38
ditto ...

Interesting models...are they your own creation?

"Laugh to scorn the power of man..."
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 05:41
yeah they are, except the skull shoulderpad was from the DB Media, do you like them cause one of my concept artist said they sucked... so i fired him.

Artifact Basic-5%
Epic Crossings RPG-25%
Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 06:30
Well um.... :-s ... I've seen better. But so has everybody..there's always someone better or worse off...

**RUNS AWAY!!!**

**SCREAMS BACK**

I love the idea though. If this thing gets finished it'll be a good day for all of Darkbasicprodium...

I do suggest you hire back your concept artist...and fire your skinner! The Texture can make or break a model!

BTW whats your email address? I'll send you some concept art for the necromancer

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 07:01 Edited at: 5th May 2003 07:07
its Ohdidyou19@yahoo.com i have concept art but the Necro is not done i made that in like 30mins, i made the textures but my other artist is gonna make the real in game textures thats just 1 i whiped up in 3 mins

btw these are not done i had to make screen shots for this post

Artifact Basic-5%
Epic Crossings RPG-25%
Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 07:13
Oh if thats the case then...Cheers. You're damn quick

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 19:02 Edited at: 23rd May 2003 19:04
Gameplay ScreenShot

very early the light problem was fixed and the models are not done

Artifact Basic-5%
Epic Crossings RPG-25%
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
It sounds good but youve got to consider your going to need somewhere with the bandwidth to host this and its going to have to look and feel proffesional before people will actually sign up and pay for it. Hope that helps you .

[href]www.vapournet.com/~flyer[/href]
denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 20:01
Is this being made in DBC? The FPS is very bad considering whats on screen, although overall the game seems like it will be good.
I wouldn't advise starting an MMORPG in DBC though if you are... I don't think it could handle alot of players onscreen.

[url][/url]
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 21:26
i have to agree with denki, to use dbc for a mmorpg would mean models with as low polys as possible but judging from your screenshots, these models are pretty high.

everyday of life is a new chapter that has already been fortold but is up to the soul to capture.
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 16:01
its in DBPro and the FPS is low cause i figured out the matrix was to big (130,130) now i get about 50-60

Artifact Basic-5%
Epic Crossings RPG-25%
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 18:05
cool, thats much better then

everyday of life is a new chapter that has already been fortold but is up to the soul to capture.
Lonnie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 04:57 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2003 04:59
Hey I know a Web Site that will host your site for free. It has no limit for webspace and bandwith. Heres the Link to a site that has a lot of room and Bandwith for free its at http://www.clickherefree.com/cgi-bin/webdata_FreeWebHosting.pl?cgifunction=Search&Space=999+MB&Active=Yes .
So if you need a web host Id use one for that list.

There ya go enjoy.

¬Lonnie

denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 21:02
thats great then Good luck!

[url][/url]
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 17:27 Edited at: 6th Jun 2003 17:28
uh i got no idea what the last 2 posts have to do with this but i have an update. on the world map theyre 5 sections, 2 penensulas and 3 island, that 5 people can organize a clan on and build a city , then they can hire mercenarys and get more members, theyre are 25 zones per area and 10 clans can be in a zone

Artifact Basic-5%
Epic Crossings RPG-25%
BoB Vila
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 22:07
Excellent stuff Eddie.. keep up the good work..
haXor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 04:25
the screen shot wont work for me!!!! its like a pic of a cross so i cant get the address. i wanna see!!!

Sup Kids
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 06:15
Er... I might note that Battle.net does not handle anything like MMORPG data... but good luck anyways...

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 18:57
your saying blizzard entertainments battle.net, that was used for the mmorpg diablo 2, does not handle the logins and character storage.

lmao, it handles the d2 data at least the logins i believe the character data is stored somehow but im not sure it may not be everquest styled with massive meaning massive but it handles some form of mmorpg and login.

am i misunderstanding your statement plz restate it if so

In our hearts and minds we keep the powers of love, hope and the hidden powers of evil in which we can mold a hero or daemon of ourselves-Book of Enoch Chapter III
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 21:07
R-O-F-L

Saying that Diablo II is an MMORPG is one of the most hilarious statements I've ever heard

Have you actually PLAYED the game? MMORPGs store full data of character locations, NPC interactions, world changes, etc etc etc. ALL battle.net does is store characters. It is NOT an MMORPG, it's an online game service... LOL!

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 22:46
nope your wrong its considered a client to client mmorpg(or somethin ill look it up, and it lacks those extra features because its so old, i have played d2 and saying d2 is an online game service is retarded. battle.net handles the logins characters and finds the games to join so its a server to client that just isnt new.

so i ask you have you played d2?

ok,ok we dont have to argue a better description would be like phantasy star online not exactly an mmorpg but still considered one

b.t.w. your right calling it a mmorpg is laughable but its classified as one

In our hearts and minds we keep the powers of love, hope and the hidden powers of evil in which we can mold a hero or daemon of ourselves-Book of Enoch Chapter III
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 23:28
No, it is not defined as one. In no gaming magazine, site, or service will you see it defined as an MMORPG. And there were MMORPGs back in late '98-- ever heard of Ultima Online? Meridian 59 came even before that. Both of those were true MMORPGS.

Battle.net is in no fashion a MMORPG service.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 23:33
i never said battle.net was an mmo a said it was a login service where you can store your character and in one of those ancient pc gamer like 99 it has an ad page 57 or so that says mmorpg

it doesnt matter mouse idont care if d2 is an mmorpg i was just using the login as an example dont get all technical on my ass

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 23:35
I'm the one getting technical?

'nope your wrong its considered a client to client mmorpg'

Which was both technical and wrong. So don't say that I'm the one.

Jeez...

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 23:44
hey, hey, lets not argue i dont want to have one of those simple raven type fights,lol

let us be in nirvana with the Dark BASiC, yes?

b.t.w. speaking of technical all i meant to communicate was you can login like battle.net load characters and that its an mmorpg so this is all besides the point i am calling truce i dont care about whats an mmorpg or not

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 00:18
Point taken . Sorry I wasn't more polite.

What I'm wondering is-- is your game D2 style, or ('normal') MMORPG style ?

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 00:24
its actually gone through quite a few changes since i posted that its got a feel to it like Phantasy Star Online, with the visual chat rooms and the counter where you locate games, but it has clan area where it is a true mmorpg, up to 200 people at a time, and private games that are like d2 it like a mix you can play private games or goto clan areas to build cities or public areas that are like chat and dueling minigames and such.

p.s. you have little Sprite(the fairy creatures not the 2d images) that you can go into an area and raise with other players so its mmo in parts and the rest is like d2 kinda like a mutt

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 00:28
Interesting idea... how phar into the development stage are you?

(It's a bit phuzzy in my head as I have not phound the time to buy and play phantasy star online )

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 00:35
im in the actual world building process plus im working on this and that programming studio

um... to un phuzzify u its a big shpere with four doors and stairs going up and down they lead to either game specific and non specific rooms,as i run 2 games on the same servers, each room does different things like a news room minigame room and a game locator its all 3d chat so you can do emotes and stuff and just chat and raise your sprite, your character, mercenaries you hire, start a clan and build a city, build a boat,ok im not goin on nemore to much to do.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 00:49
Interesting ^_^

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 01:36 Edited at: 20th Jun 2003 01:36
I checked out your website Eddie, how much do you think it's gonna cost per month.I know it says $1, but I no, if it's gonna be having 200 people you're gonna wanna charge more than that to pay for costs.

Also, how are you gonna host your games?Are you planning on buying a server cluster of some sort?or are you just gonna run them from your home, or something.

Project is coming along nicely and I hope everything is working smoothly with it.

edit:almost forgot to add in

http://www.geocities.com/yellow1dbp/index.html?1055790955556
Let me know if you want your site to have a link on my page.
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 16:40
actualy you only have to pay for it, no online fee!

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 20:57
Oh, that's awesome.

http://www.geocities.com/yellow1dbp/index.html?1055790955556
Let me know if you want your site to have a link on my page.
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2003 21:24
my apologies to mouse hes right Diablo And PSO are network role play.
sorry you were right.

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 04:50
So what's your plan for a host for this mmorpg?
Just wondering, there's plenty of providers out there.

http://www.freewebs.com/goldenrodproductionstudio/index.htm
Yes that's right folks, another total revamp of my site.
Currently trying to register domain name, and get some copyrights.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 06:15
Np Eddie, just a misunderstanding, nobody was hurt

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Hexagram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 06:38
Like haXor i can't see the pics, i even tried the webpage but there was nothing. Whats going on!!! :-s

Anyway, i was looking at another forum a while back and they had completed making an mmorpg but there was little intrest in it because its hard to spread the word and there was no perminant server. MMORPGs are BIG projects and i really hope you get it finished and it gets the intrest you want. I mean MMORPGs made by a complete team aren't finished in a while.

Could someone send me those pics, i'm really keen to see em!! [b])

Home is where the heart is, on the bus! (-gj Gillete Cavalcade of sports)
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 18:13
its on Bravenet it doesn't allow hotlinking ill put em on my angel fire server later today (EST)

um, hosting, im using a creative combination of 3 programs running and posting Files that are the game info on an FTP server, i have a tutorial with a shiznit load of theories and code, so ill post it later as well, it works ive tested the chat which is now voice chat btw.

again sorry mouse i didn't know the difference between network and MMO till i picked up a PSO manual this is a Network MMORPG a combination of private and massive games hosting 30 on a private and up to 100 on a Massive server Link(each part of the world is broken into part each part is hosted by the person in the area then its peer to peer so if the host leaves for an area the hosting is passed to another person then the new host send the info via server app thats hidden to the overall host) if noone is actually in the area then theyres no worry for having a host when a person enters an area they check for a host if no host exists then they become the host and update to the main server, its the same with the server chat, but if its a private game then its just 1 host but still peer to peer so the rest of the people dont have to leave when the host decides to, and the FTP is used to post the main hosts of the Massive servers and the passwords and info to the private games, as for the clan area where people can build cities it uses the same massive server principles but less communication to prevent major lag)

this is only the first part like 1 out of 10 ill rtype and repost it later(est) plus the whole thing

AND 99% of you thought i couldn't code thats right i can code servers but my 3d skills are lacking

Hexagram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 19:13
who ever has those pics saved could you email them to me, just click the complecated email button under this message!

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 19:16 Edited at: 24th Jun 2003 19:21
hold on ill upload em to the angelfire server now!

voula!

these images are outdated i redid the models and fixed the lighting and frame rate issue runs at 60 fps on a P3 650MHZ 128meg ram and GForce 4 64meg

Hexagram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 19:30
YEA!! thanks Eddie, sorry for bugging you all that time. Yea there good, worth the wait. How long at the pace your at at the moment will it take you to get to beta testing?

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 19:33
probly...dare i reveal...next week a beta dowload with limited areas but some gameplay not great not full but working and probly all of the characters if possible

END of next week!

p.s. not a great beta but an online playable one, may not be actual story but its a beta damnit

plus characters dont start in theyre correct locations as with the final

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 22:10
More Good News
My work is giving away 40 or so outdated computers, and i get the first pickin as i'm the one who staged 'em im gonna get an old HP VL7 Tower Case with some newer parts in it and run a game "refresher" daily off of it.

Slow but i'm gonna put some VE8 parts in it(P3 650mhz 128m ram) when i upgrade my VE8 to being brand new

both old i know but ignore it it will still run a game refresher daily

Hexagram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 22:20
Where can we beta test, cos i'm up for it

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 22:30
*sniff* Won't work on my computer *sniff*

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 22:42
when my site is done you can sign up there
mouse what you talkin about why won't it work on your comp. i never game requirments for it yet???

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2003 00:23
Hey Eddie why don't you pick up an extra computer for me?(hehehe,maybe 2 extra J/K)

Glad to hear the good news Eddie, but now I want another computer, lol.

http://www.freewebs.com/goldenrodproductionstudio/index.htm
Yes that's right folks, another total revamp of my site.
Currently trying to register domain name, and get some copyrights.
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2003 00:25
lol, how does the multiplayer sound though?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:32:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:32:21