Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / ** GUI Studio - Drag and Drop interface creator **

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2008 00:47 Edited at: 27th Jan 2009 11:49
Hi folks,

You may have noticed that the links to GUI Studio have vanished from my website. After just over a year since it was released the time has come to put this project to bed and move onto new things. Support for owners of GUI Studio will continue for the foreseeable future. The download page still exists, so registered users can still re-download the latest version if needed, and the bug forum is still there if users come across any new issues.

Although existing users will still be supported, I'll no longer be selling GUI Studio to new customers. The decision to cease sales hasn't been easy. My personal circumstances have changed a lot since I started the project - I got married, moved house, changed jobs and now we have a baby on the way, and ultimately the amount of time required to continually update the program and solve bugs is just getting too much. Discontinuing the software will help me to free up time for new projects.

It's been a great journey, and I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who supported me along the way.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2008 23:22
On one side, this is sad to hear, on the other Side, Congrats to you with the kid.

Back-Up the source a few times though, HDD's are not that reliable these days. And you might never know if you continue it later on.
French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2008 22:01
Congrats Ric! ^^
Dark_Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 22:05
Quote: "Hi folks,

You may have noticed that the links to GUI Studio have vanished from my website. After just over a year since it was released the time has come to put this project to bed and move onto new things. It's important to make it clear that support for owners of GUI Studio will continue as always, for as long as it is needed. The download page still exists, so registered users can still re-download the latest version if needed, and the bug forum is still there if users come across any new issues.

Although existing users will still be supported, I'll no longer be selling GUI Studio to new customers. The decision to cease sales hasn't been easy. My personal circumstances have changed a lot since I started the project - I got married, moved house, changed jobs and now we have a baby on the way, and ultimately the amount of time required to continually update the program and solve bugs is just getting too much. Discontinuing the software will help me to free up time for new projects.

It's been a great journey, and I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who supported me along the way.

I'm sure people are going to wonder what's going to happen to the software source - is it going to rust in a corner, will somebody else take it over, will it some day become open source - well, I don't know the answers to those questions at the moment. Right now, it'll stay safe and sound on my hard drive until such time as I figure out what to do with it! "

Aww..... I was hoping to get that software soon.

It only looks like I know what I'm talking about.
The Wilderbeast
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 22:46
I would say that you might be able to buy it form someone, but then I remembered it's download only.

Gamers for sale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 22:33
@Ric - I am working on a project called Dark World for developing 3D worlds. This plugin would have really helped with my project because it is hard to use Windows GUI. That is too bad that you won't be selling it anymore.

Let me know if you do release it to open source because I am extremely interested!

Thanks,

GFS

Dark World Website Launched! http://www.darkworldengine.co.nr
[/href]Blog with updates of Dark World Launched! http://www.darkworldengine.blogspot.com
Darth Vader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2008 07:58
Bloody hell just when I needed it too!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 15:09:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 15:09:35